Chapter Four

After we landed, Gavin woke up smiling like an angel — he was an angel, all infants were — and the boys took him from me. It was hard to let go of him, but I had to. Afterward, we said goodbyes and parted ways. I hope I can see them again. On second thought... No, my brothers will act overprotective, but again, I want to see them again... Ugh.

We exchanged numbers after I learned that they would be living near the university that I'll be attending. Small world, lots of coincidences, and plenty of food... That didn't make sense. For some people. While I was waiting for my suitcases to arrive at the baggage carousel and tapping my leg on the floor to come up with a melody or something, Milo finally called. My eldest brother. He was twenty-three, about to be twenty-four, and an independent-ish man; he was in his last year in university to become a surgeon. We are a very clever family, yet not one of us was making a fuss about it. I loved him so much, and the best one of his qualities was his homemade pizzas. Delicioso.

I pressed the green button and cleared my throat. "Hello, brother." I deepened my voice and remembered Damon Salvatore from The Vampire Diaries. His eyes are to die for and his sarcastic remarks are the best. I mean... Who doesn't love him?

"Lexi, where are you?" Milo asked in a rushed tone, waiting for an answer. He sounded kind of angry. I scoffed quietly.

"Waiting for my bags, why?" I asked back.

"You were late, so I had to call. I thought some jerks stopped you. Now that I know you're okay, I'm okay. We're waiting for you outside the airport. We can't wait to see you. Bye," he explained in one breath and ended the call. That was so normal and not sudden. You know, the usual... For heaven's sake, he didn't ask how was I feeling! Stupid overprotective brothers.

As my belongings arrived, I grabbed them and headed outside the building, quickly if I might add, to see my three brothers, with wide smiles on their handsome faces, waiting for me. I was not going to lie, I did miss them to the point of running towards them, but what was wrong with this weather? It was so freaking cold. Nobody told me it would be so freezing, and I don't know, winter maybe?

I shrugged the coldness off and jumped on them. My nineteen-year-old brother caught me. "Hey, little sis," Arlo greeted, then embraced me real tight, I hugged him back, but for a small amount of time because I started to see stars when I stopped breathing, so I smacked his head. "What was that for?" he whined, then rubbed his head after he released me and put me on the ground. Engineer, you say? He's more of a baby.

I playfully glared at him. "For almost choking me and, hey," I reasoned, with a smile, then placed a warm kiss on his cheek. Soon after, Theo took me by surprise and hugged me in a big bear hug. I was startled at first, but then composed myself and hugged him back. It was good because I was able to breathe. "Hey, Theo, how are you?" I asked, then kissed his cheek. He was twenty-one, soon to be an actor and the most protective of them all. Joy.

"I'm great," he replied, with a wide smile, then released me to be met in yet another bear hug, this time from Milo. The twenty-three-year-old.

"I missed you so much!" He breathed in my hair while squeezing his arms around me, real tight. Like I was going to run, which I hadn't thought of... yet. I chuckled.

"I missed you all," I replied. Then, of course, I kissed his cheek. He smiled brightly.

Kissing my brothers' cheeks was a habit, or a tradition since I was a little girl; it began when I was five or so. Each and every morning, I'd kiss them on their cheeks to show them my love and care. As a child, I wanted them to start their days with a bright smile so they would be lucky. And as a grown-up... I still wanted that to happen, especially when the world was becoming harder to survive each day. Since when did I become so philosophical? Nice, Lexi. Not bad. "We missed you too," Theo and Arlo said together, then they both grabbed my suitcases and we headed to a black sports car. I sat in the middle at the back and Theo was next to me. Arlo was driving and Milo was next to him.

"How was your flight?" Milo asked, and I huffed.

"Now you ask?" I pointed out, but sighed and let it go. "Anyway, it was all good. I met two guys and—" I was cut off by some overprotective someone before I could continue my sentence.

My brothers' eyes widened with rage. "Two guys? Who? What? Did they touch you? I'm going to kill them! Turn back the car!" Theo yelled while looking so pissed off. I told you he's at the top of his protectiveness. Arlo nodded with gritted teeth, and Milo clenched his fists. Damn it.

"Wait. Guys, let me finish! They did nothing to me. Don't jump to conclusions," I yelled back, feeling pissed off. I had the right to be angry, right? Now you know why I didn't want to move in with them! They could be unreasonable when it came to my protection. Like come on dude(s), stop it.

"Fine, talk. It better be good," Theo declared, with a firm nod, then wrapped his arms around my waist, bringing me to his chest. The seat belt was so uncomfortable, but he didn't seem to mind. I looked at his gray eyes and glared.

"Don't boss me around," I countered, then looked at the road ahead. "These two guys were so nice, one of them was a dad with a four-month-old baby boy and the other one was his brother..."

~~~

As I finished telling my story to my brothers, we finally reached a big dorm facility. It was big, too big. "Welcome to our lovely home," Milo said after I got out of the car and scanned the area. I looked in all directions.

"Thank you," I replied, then gazed at the small garden that looked so cute, elegant, and well taken care of. The dorm looked like a house — it was a one-story building, but it was so wide and long.

"Do you like it?" Arlo asked, and I nodded almost instantly.

A smile made its way to my face. "I love it; it's so lovely, and Mom says hi," I commented, as I remembered Mom's words. Then we started walking towards the main door to their dorm. I stopped and turned to look at them. "I get my own room, right?" I asked, before opening the main door. It was wide and long. Or tall. Who cares?

"No..." Milo replied, and my smile dropped to the ground, with the dirt that was filled with our shoeprints.

"No?" I repeated with very wide eyes. They almost popped. Popped... It's a funny word.

My brothers rolled their eyes at me.

"No, you'll share a room with me since our dorm contains two rooms — each one has two beds. Milo and Theo sleep together — they're annoying by the way," Arlo commented, This earned him a punch from each one of them. He cursed under his breath and looked back at me. "Therefore, you'll be with me," Arlo explained, and I sighed. No choice more frowns.

"Okay, and I know that they're annoying too, so you can add yourself to the list as you're no better than them," I breathed with a sass, which caused Theo and Milo to burst out laughing while Arlo gave me a deadly glare. And that's how you manage to piss off your roommate of a brother.