Chapter Forty Six - End

I observed from a distance while sitting in my wheelchair as my brothers, Jude and Holden, counted the points for the Prank Competition. It had been two years since everything changed, so it took us time to finish the competition.

Edmund was again put in jail, and he was done this time. A lot has happened this year, to tell you the least. Milo finally graduated and became a resident in the hospital, which saved my life; he also proposed to Latoya in the most romantic way possible, and they secretly got married.

We were furious at him at first, but we let it slide when we saw how happy they were. Latoya got pregnant, so they will be parents for the first time ever in about three months. I was so excited because when I found out that she was pregnant with twin girls, I jumped from happiness to falling down the stairs and breaking my leg. It was so ironic because I did not break my legs when I fell down the cliff, but a fall down the first three steps made that happen. That was why I was in a wheelchair. I was not paralyzed; I was just paying for my stupid mistake. The twins better love me the most for this!

Theo and Alice were still growing strong. They loved each other, and he even visited her parents' house but embarrassed himself. He is my brother.

Theo spilled the iced coffee that Alice bought him before he got to their house on himself, and when her dad opened the door and looked at Theo, he burst out laughing and said to Alice: "Sweetie, I thought I told you to date a guy who doesn't piss in his pants, someone who knows how to use the bathroom!" And we laughed at him for a long time. I even made jokes about it. It never gets old.

Arlo was still Arlo; he did not change and still did not find the one yet. He was not looking either, so he was okay and still young.

Holden and Jess have been fighting a lot lately about who would get the other the best present for being the best companion ever. They were acting like kids, yet they suited each other perfectly. And I liked to tease them a lot.

Danny, Theo's coach, got married to the girl bullied by her ex-boyfriend in the cafe, Sandy, and they were living in the same house, of course, with Gavin and Zach. And Gabriel became a great friend to Jude, leading to a new friendship between the whole gang. His sister was living with her mom overseas as a punishment for her behavior towards us, and we were grateful for that. No need for more drama.

I was still in university because I had to redo the year. The accident made me redo it. And Jude and I, well... it was complicated. We finally admitted our relationship to my family when I was released from the hospital. Mom and Dad approved, yet my brothers were not happy at all.

They hit Jude so hard and told him not to get close to me until they could see that he had improved and was worthy of me. It was so stupid of them to think that we would stop our relationship just because they said so, so we have been in a secret relationship since then. It was risky, but we loved each other to the point of loving the risk in our bond. He said he knew how to get their blessing, so he told me to rest assured and have faith in him. I did, and I was still waiting.

"Come on, guys, who are the winners?" My chain of thoughts was cut off by Jess yelling next to me. The girls were eagerly waiting for the result, and so was I. I mean, who wouldn't when the winner gets to ask anything they want! The boys even got random strangers to rate their pranks and determine the winner.

"Chill out, and there's only one winner, not winners, who is...." Arlo responded excitedly and looked at the result for the last time. That was it. That was the moment we had all been waiting for. "Ugh, why you?" my brother whined and sat on the floor looking at the sky. Arlo looked like he was writing a book of curse words in his mind, and he was angry.

"Who?" we all said in unison, and I looked at Jude only to see a smug look on his face. Oh boy...

"Yours truly," Jude shouted at the top of his lungs, and I clapped for him. The girls did, too but not the guys. They were not satisfied, yet they knew how to play fair. They admitted defeat. "Now, I get one request, and you will have to agree to do it, right? No matter what!" he asked with a smirk, and we all gulped. I felt scared for my brothers for the first time ever.

Jude could ask them to walk in their birth suit for twenty-four hours, and they had to do it without complaints, or worse, he could lock them in a room full of snakes, knowing they fear snakes. I was glad I did not join the game for the prize. I joined for fun and had a great time watching their scared faces on my phone every day. I recorded every prank.

"Yes, Jude, let's hear it. I'm sure you know what you want!" Theo answered as he rolled his eyes. Jude nodded, then he walked toward me with a big smile. I arched my eyebrows in confusion.

"As you know, I love your sister, and you told me not to get close to her until I've changed and become worthy of her. I did change, but you never gave me the chance you said you would give me. So, instead of waiting another year or two, or forever, I'd like to ask you to let me date your sister and eventually marry her! She's the only one for me, and I would never cheat, hurt or even make her upset. If she's sad, I'm sad, and when I'm sad... Holden will be the one to suffer since we live in the same dorm. Please, let me date her!" Jude begged my brothers while sitting on his knees in front of me.

I suddenly felt emotional, and I started crying out of happiness.

"For your information, you can't refuse," Holden whispered loudly, and we laughed. Even my brothers laughed. That was a good sign, right?

After ten minutes of my brothers debating between themselves, Milo sighed and then rubbed the nape of his neck. "You know, Jude, you were right, we didn't want you to take our baby sister away from us, and we loved having you as a friend. But when you used your only chance to order us around for her, it made us realize that you have changed. I'm so going to regret this! Y-you may d-date our sister," Milo declared in a firm tone.

I wanted to jump but remembered what happened the last time I did that. So, I just hugged Jude from behind since he was kneeling in front of me. The girls all cheered. "But," he added, and I knew there was a but in it. Arlo cleared his throat and glared at Jude. "If you hurt her, we will not hesitate to kill you," he said threateningly, and Theo nodded in agreement.

"And no kissing, no hugging, and, of course, no touching in front of us," Theo added, with crossed arms, and Jude nodded quickly. Wow, he really does fear my brothers.

I was grateful to have them in my life, all of them. If I had not been trapped here with my brothers, I would not have known Jess, Lee, Holden, or even Jude. I love my family, and I prayed to God that the following days of our lives would be filled with happiness, and even if there were stormy days, we would dance in the rain like crazy. We had each other until the end, and I was not alone.

THE END