Chapter Thirteen

It was lunchtime, and I stood near the girls' bathroom, waiting for Jessica. She told me she would not be late, so I waited patiently, which does not happen very often. The first three classes were with Jessica and none with my brothers; I felt free for some time, and we bonded pretty well. Too much testosterone energy in my life.

I scrolled through my phone to find something interesting when a message popped on top of the screen. It was sent from Milo. I opened it, read it, then sighed when I saw the one sentence that was always glued to me. And it will always be. 'Where are you?'

As I went to write a reply, a boy stood in front of me with a vast smirk that made him look creepy and disturbingly weird. "Hello there," he said as he placed his hand on the wall next to my head. Are we in a drama series? I looked at his eyes and saw unwanted desires. I cringed. I just got terrible vibes and needed to get away from him. Fast. "What's your name, kitty?" he asked, then placed his fingers on either side of my chin. I quickly removed his hand with a slap and stepped aside. "I won't leave you alone until you tell me your name. Where do you think you're going?"

"Away from you."

"No can do. Tell me your name, cutie, and I will leave you alone."

I sighed as I realized that he would not leave until I told him my name, so I did. "Lexi," I replied coldly, but I didn't remove my eyes from his uncomfortable gaze. I studied his physical appearance, and it is safe to say that he was an average-looking guy. He was not too tall, probably a jock. He stepped closer to me and grabbed my forearm.

"Where are you going, beautiful Lexi? You don't want to spend some alone time with me?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows. Ew.

"Hell no! I don't know you. Now, fudge off before I call my brothers," I threatened. Yeah, I am that girl who runs for her brothers whenever something is wrong. Sue me! I looked around and saw some students whispering and staring at me. Do something instead of unleashing nasty, stupid rumors, for God's sake. Useless brats.

The guy saw me gazing at the crowd of students and grinned. "No one will help you. They can't because I have my own backup. Look," he declared, then pointed his finger at the group of guys standing next to a classroom's door across from us. They were observing. Damn, they were huge. I understood why nobody helped me, but still...

"Hey, Lexi, let's go!" I heard my name being called. I turned my head and saw Jessica with a smile. I hope it's an angry smile.

"Yeah, we should." I nodded, then tried to release my arm, but he tightened his grip. I looked at him with a deadly glare. "Seriously, man, you need to let go of me. I don't give a shit about your men. If you can scare other students with your 'backup', it doesn't mean that I'll be scared!" I spat out in a high tone, already losing my temper. Where were the scissors when I needed them the most? I'd just cut his shirt to escape. Probably cut his hair too. And his nose... okay, the image is gross. Lexi stop.

"Let go of her, Lorenzo," Jessica demanded, clenching her fists, but he just scoffed at her.

"Maybe you could join us in a dark room. You're not bad-looking after all," Lorenzo suggested.

I've had enough. I grabbed my phone but did not let Lorenzo see it. I turned my head to Jessica and pointed with my eyes at the phone; she understood her role and continued talking to distract him.

"It won't be good for you, Lorenzo," she said, taking a step forward; he shifted in his place. I took that as my chance and typed on my brothers' group chat 'SOS, girls' bathroom. Now.' I raised my head to see Jessica with a smirk on her face. "And before you ask why, she's the Houstons' little sister," she added, and Lorenzo's eyes widened for a mere second. Oh, he is terrified... Damn right.

"So what? I'm not afraid of them," he replied firmly. But unfortunately for him, I caught the nervousness in it.

I raised my head and sighed. "I'm just telling you this for your own good. Let go of me before they come." I tried to convince him, yet he was too stubborn.

"Lexi!"

And then I heard my name being called by my overprotective bodyguards: my brothers. They did not run toward me; they walked with livid expressions.

"You're dead," Jessica commented, then stepped back to let my brothers pass her with a sly laugh. When Theo was face to face with Lorenzo, he did not let anyone blink and knocked his head on Lorenzo's forehead. Lorenzo stumbled back, and I was finally released. Jessica dragged me towards her, away from the soon-to-occur war.

"Are you okay?" she asked. I nodded, then saw Lorenzo's backup run towards my brothers. As one of them went to hit Theo in the back of his head with a giant dictionary, Milo grabbed his hand and twisted it behind his back with force. Arlo bearhugged another one, which was a funny sight, and Jude and Holden grabbed the last and bigger one. Then, they looked at Theo, breathing heavily and raising his sleeves up to his elbows. Fun fact: Theo is the scariest in fights out of my brothers.

"Lorenzo, I thought I told you not to come near my family ever again, but I get a message from my one and only little sister, and see you holding her like that? Tsk, tsk, tsk...." He stepped closer to him. Lorenzo snapped his head towards me, then spat on the floor. I unconsciously flinched.

"Bitch, you messaged them?" Lorenzo asked angrily. Theo grabbed his chin before I could reply and squeezed it.

"Don't call my sister that, and of course she'd message us. What did you think? She'd come with you willingly? That was a foul move you did there, and you'll pay for it!" Theo said in a calm tone, then his fist found its way to Lorenzo's jaw at full force. "Don't you ever touch her again, or I swear to God I'll beat you up until you are knocked out cold for a year, if not more. I can't hit you any more than this punch because we're on campus, and I don't want to risk my brothers' careers. But remember this, I'm not afraid to lose mine, so if I ever see you out of school, doing anything inappropriate to anyone, I'll make my promise come true," Theo threatened, then released him roughly. Lorenzo grabbed his aching jaw and kicked the trashcan near him.

"Fuck you!" he cursed in a bitter tone, and Theo smiled. My bro is scary. Good thing I am on his good side.

"On second thought... Maybe I'll make a small exception this time." Theo punched Lorenzo's other cheek, and he fell, wincing at the pain. I let out a breath I did not know I was holding, then looked toward Theo. I gazed at the crowd and did not see any lecturer.

"Thank you, brother," I said, then hugged him tightly. I wrapped my arms around his neck, which made him instantly relax. I need to rewatch TVD.

"Are you okay?" Theo asked as he cupped my cheeks with his big hands.

"Yes, don't worry," I replied, then looked at my brothers, Jude and Holden. Jude had a blank expression, and Holden was smiling at me. My guys let go of the 'backup' fellows, who ran away as soon as released. Pussycats.

"Let's go see Bishop," Milo countered, and I arched my eyebrows in confusion.

"Why?"

"Because we tell him everything we do; that's why we're his favorite students, and he trusts us," Arlo answered, and Jude and Holden nodded.

"Jess, you'll come with us to tell him what happened initially," Arlo added, and she smiled at her best friend. Holden, Arlo, and Jessica have been best friends since day one, and Holden and Jessica are a couple. Cute, right?

"Sure thing. I wanted to kick Lorenzo's butt but remembered Bishop's last warning," she remarked, and I raised my eyebrows in confusion.

"What last warning?" I asked. Holden looked at me with a huge grin.

"Jess is a karate master — she owns the black belt and is stronger than she looks," Holden explained, then wrapped his arm around her shoulders and kissed her temple. Wow, never even thought about her being that type of strong. Girls rock.

"You don't want to make her angry — trust me...." Theo commented, then shuddered.

"Now, let's go and spill the beans."

More chapters on Inkitt, if you want to read there, send me a private message to get the link.