Chapter Six

Milo's eyes widened. "Latoya, it's not what it looks like!" He released me with a jolt. Like I stung him and it hurt my feelings... Nah. As he walked towards her, Arlo, Theo, Jude, and Holden sat down on the floor, with crossed legs, waiting for what was going to happen next. And so I sat next to Theo. I mean... Who wouldn't enjoy a free drama show and live?

The woman huffed. "Boys in the movies always say ′It's not what it looks like′. It's obvious that you're a big cheater; you're cheating on me with her. She's obviously younger than you and me. You told her that you love her, I heard you!" she reasoned in a pained tone. My eyes widened with guilt, but the amusement was bigger. She was his girlfriend... So it was my fault.

Milo sighed deeply and ran his hand through his hair. Poor bro, I'd love to help him but no. "No, Latoya. It's not. I'm not a cheater, and you know that. You're the only girl in my life except for my mom and sister," Milo explained, then pointed at me with his finger when he said: sister. Man, he was so desperate. Latoya's eyes followed where he was pointing and then they grew big. Her hazel eyes were full of confusion and regret.

"Oh, I guess it is not what it looks like after all," she said, quietly, with a nervous laugh, wiping the angry tears from her beautiful face. She then ran her hand through her dark blonde hair. "I'm sorry." She apologized to Milo, with her eyes glued to the floor like an ashamed baby who broke its mother's favorite vase. That reminded me of what happened to me, but the difference was that I wasn't that small... It happened a month ago.

Milo walked closer to her and hugged her tightly. "It's okay," he assured, with a relieved sigh. He then kissed her forehead gently. "I love you and I'd never cheat on you. Don't let that idea go to your head, baby," he countered, then pecked her lips. Ew.

"I love you too," she replied, then buried her head into his chest. I couldn't help but be in awe. Hugging and cuddling were better than kissing.

"You guys are goals." I clapped, then stood up and walked towards them. They broke their hug and gazed at me. "Hey, Latoya, I'm Lexi. Their one and only sister." I smiled, then shook her hand. She was gentle. She looked at me.

"I'm so sorry for the dramatic scene. I acted like that because I had just come from my friend's house; her boyfriend cheated on her. Nice to meet you," she explained, with an apologetic smile. Wow, I pity her friend. Whoever he was...he was a big jerk. Girls should be treated like diamonds. Take care of them, protect them and adore them.

"Nice to meet you too. Now, tell me, Lee — I'm calling you Lee from now on — my idiot of a brother didn't mention me in front of you? Like ever?" I asked what I was dying to know, then glared at Milo. He shook his head rapidly.

"I did, but I didn't show her your picture. I swear, Lexi," he cried out, feeling paranoid that I might as well be angry at him. Boy, he had had it for one day. I crossed my arms and hummed, with raised eyebrows, deciding whether to tease him more.

"He did, but he didn't show me how you looked. That's why I didn't think that you were his sister when he was embracing you. You're beautiful, by the way." Latoya defended her boyfriend, with a smile. She was nice and kind. She was the quiet type but can go all crazy when she was angry. Like a while ago, and I liked it. We're going to be great friends.

I laughed. "Thanks, you're beautiful as well, and I believe you. Milo, don't cry, please," I begged, with a smirk, and he relaxed a bit.

"What a day," he commented, with a sigh.

"Yeah, and I haven't been in my room yet," I mentioned, then started walking towards the rooms.

"Our room," Arlo corrected, with a small glare that said 'Don't even think of dominating the room', and I rolled my eyes.

~~~

The dorm was indeed big: it had a living room and a kitchen and two rooms for us. I'm telling you, it was an apartment, not a dorm. "So, how long have you been guys together?" I asked Lee, who was sitting on the couch next to Milo, across from me. We were all crowded in the living room. I was sitting between Arlo and Theo on one couch, and Jude and Holden were on another couch with Milo and Latoya.

"A year," Milo replied, with a proud smile. Latoya's smile grew bigger.

"And tomorrow will be our anniversary," she added, with a cheerful tone. I looked at Milo and saw him choke on his water. "Are you okay?" Latoya patted his back and I looked into his eyes. He was nervous. Oh my God... He did not!

"Y-yeah, yeah, I'm okay. No worries," he replied, with a nervous tone, averting any eye contact with her. Yup, he did.

"Anyways, it was nice meeting you, Lexi. I have to go and catch up with my shift; I work at a nearby diner called #Just Eat. You can drop by anytime you want," she offered, with a bright smile. She then stood up and headed to the main door, I followed her.

"Okay, and goodbye. See you later," I bid, then closed the door. I dashed to the living room to see Milo gazing at the floor like it was the most interesting thing ever. It can be when you're guilty.

"Milo Jaycee Houston!" I yelled, then stood right in front of him. I was so pissed to the point of throwing the remote control at him. He dodged it.

"She used the full name! What did you do, bro?" Arlo asked, fear reflecting in his eyes. I can be super scary for a sixteen-year-old innocent girl. They know best. Milo stood up and walked around the couch so that I wouldn't be able to catch him.

"You forgot!" I stated in a loud tone, and he gulped.

"Forgot what?" Arlo, Theo, and Holden asked together, confused. Clueless Idiots.

"Ugh, he forgot their anniversary, geniuses!" Jude answered them in a duh tone. He was slick, unlike them. I like that.

"Yes, he did, and he's going to be so sorry for that," I added, then looked back at Milo. I walked toward him. "Do you have anything in mind for her, at least?" I asked, hopefully, when I stopped in front of him.

"No..." he whispered, but I heard him loud and clear. I didn't react. I didn't say anything. I just pulled out my phone and dialed the speed number. After a minute of waiting, she picked up.

"Hey, Mom," I greeted, and Milo's eyes widened with pure and utter fear. He started whisper-yelling 'No'. I smirked.

"You are a dead man," Theo commented, with a pat on his back, and Arlo nodded, with a small laugh.

"Hey, sweetness, did you reach the dorms?" she asked, with her motherly voice. I smiled, then eyed Milo.

"Yeah, I'm with the boys now. They are great, so great. Hey, Mom..." I trailed off; my eyes were still on Milo.

"Yes, dear?" she said.

"Did you know that Milo had a girlfriend?" I asked, then pulled the phone away from my ear, knowing what would be coming next.

"SAY WHAT NOW?" Her shout was audible to all of the boys. Milo was begging me with his eyes, not daring to say anything. Since I was a sweet sister, I turned the phone on the loudspeaker.

"You can talk with him, Mom, you're on the speaker," I informed her and put the phone on the table. Waiting.

"Milo Jaycee Houston!" she yelled, and he sweated with fear.

I hope you liked this chapter! I just published chapter 14 on inkitt. If you want to read ahead of time, send me a private message and I will send you the link :)