XVII | YOONGI

MIN YOONGI— DAY BEFORE THE MURDER

MIN YOONGI

A small shiver goes down my spine as I headed to the gym for practice, something felt off and not right. Was it the situation at hand or was I just overthinking it? My brows furrow as I open the gym doors and see Jin practicing no one else in sight. I quickly open my phone and click the group chat for the basketball team, many of them made excuses to avoid practicing.

I bite the inside of my cheek in slight annoyance, I wonder if their secrets are worse than mine—perhaps that's why jins doing this. So people would stop being cowards and face their problems head on.

However... to go as far as to ruin their lives and tell everybody at school? Why not just the ones effected by the secret? Why bring everyone else in the situation?

I wonder ...

" Hey Jin? "

Jin hums in response slowly turning around to face me a small smile stretched on his face. For some reason this intimidated me and caused me to let go of my curiosity. He might tell-

" Never mind lets go back to practice " I quickly mumble out grabbing a basketball and dribbling it.

After a few moments of silence he speaks up, " Hey do you mind if after this we go study for a bit I'm having a hard time understanding the new material. "

I give him a tight smile, " of course, I'll just tell hoseok later. "

" Hey Yoongi? " I let out a hum in response before turning to him, my breath hitches as I look back at him, " when were you gonna tell everyone about your little secret? "

In that moment it felt as if the world stopped, all I could feel was the adrenaline filling up inside of me. I wanted to run away and pretend I didn't know what he was talking about, " Jin I- "

" Yoongi, doesn't it feel wrong to receive dirty money? "

Silence filled the room as we both stared each other down, the sudden ringing of a cellphone surprises us both. Jin quickly rushes to answer his phone, his eyebrows narrow in annoyance at the caller ID before answering it, " What? "

I felt the urge to throw up, my stomach began to do all sorts of flips—I've never felt so panic in my life. Slowly I begin to count to 10, closing my eyes I take deep breathes in and out. After 10 seconds I open them and feel semi-decent while Jin is on his phone I go back to acting as if nothing happened.

TIME-SKIP

After practice Hoseok, Jin and I walk towards the library. The tension between the two was too suffocating so I excused myself to go to the restroom, once again my head began to spin and my stomach began to do flips.

I didn't feel well once again, this was all his fault had he not- why is he?- I don't-

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

Breathe, my heart began to once again slow down with once last glance at the mirror I headed out the restroom where I ran into hoseok who had tears gathered in his eyes. I wanted to ask what was wrong but I knew, one glance over his shoulder and I knew

it was because of him.

_____________________

" H3Y B19 BR0+H3R \/\/H3R3 D0 Y0U 93+ 4|| +H1$ M0N3Y FR0M? "

𝗔/𝗡
𝗦𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗮𝗶𝘁 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗯𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁. 𝗜'𝘃𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗮 𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗵𝘀 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗴𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗻 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗜 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹 𝘀𝗲𝗺𝗶- 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 c: ! 𝗜 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗲𝗻𝗷𝗼𝘆𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗽𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝗶𝗴𝗻𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗼𝗹𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗱𝗼 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝘂𝗿𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 (𝗜'𝗺 𝗿𝗲𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝟱𝟬𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝗹).