Chapter VIII: Arrested.

[Slightly Edited]

Lukas's POV

It's been a month since then. Grandpa said that Porlyusica-san is making a progress on the antidote for Lucy.

15% progress for my sister's cure. Lately, I've been feeling that someone was following us. Or rather, me.

Whenever I talk to his majesty or talking to Brandish through the lacrima, that unknown was always there.

Then, there's this dream. I was captured by the authority of this continent. I was away from my sister. While I was away, she died without me by her side.

But that happened 2 days ago. It was starting to worry me. Whenever I have bad dreams, it always come true.

I have to avoid the last one no matter what.

I promised everyone back at the Alvarez. I will protect Lucy. I will get her better and go home with her. The others are waiting for her to come home, even his majesty is waiting for her.

Right now, I'm having a conversation with Mirajane and the Master. While Asuka, Happy, Wendy, Carla, and Lily are with Lucy. With Laxus and Juvia too.

The other guild members don't trust me at all. I couldn't blame them, Lucy's team was supposed to be with her at all times. Instead, I was in their stead, I replaced all of them in a blink of an eye.

I guess they're mad at me. But I suspect her team. Their aura tells me that they're the people who was following me.

Is this how overprotective are they?

Last week. My cousin, Laxus, and a woman named Juvia came to us and told us that they knew. After a few scolding from Grandpa, he let them hang out with us.a

*Bang*

We looked towards the door and saw the Magic Council. No... It can't be. I immediately went beside my sister and hugged her. I know what's going to happen and I don't want to go. I can't leave her.. Not now! Why!

"We are here to arrest a man named Lukas," Their captain said.

"What is the meaning of this, Lahar?!" Laxus exclaimed to the man.

"I'm sorry. But this is an order from the council," Lahar said,"Someone told us that he knows where Zeref is. He has connection to the black mage. He must be contained!"

"Hell no!" Gajeel shouted and pointed at them,"He's one of us! You can't just go and take him without evidence!"

"Gajeel is right!" Mirajane defended them,"You can't just go and arrest him without evidence! You have to go through us first!"

I heard Lahar sighed,"I guess were going this the hard way,"

I felt Lucy hugging me back, she was shaking. She's scared. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, and opened then again. I stood up and looked at them,"I'll go. Just don't hurt them, especially this group,"

Lahar nodded and one of them went to me and hand cuffed me with magic sealing stones.

“Lukas.. You can't be serious!” Laxus exclaimed.

I looked at him, and chuckled bitterly,“It's better for me to do this, I don't want any of you to get hurt. Just take care of Lucy while I'm gone,”

I was about to walk out with the council, when I felt someone hold me by the hem of my shirt.

I looked and saw it was my sister. She's crying. It really hurts me to see her crying because of me.