Chapter IX: Running Out of Time

[Slightly Edited]

Evergreen's POV

Why is it so important to get that guy out of prison? That guy is allied with Zeref!

"Gramps.. Do you think we can bail him out?" Laxus asked.

"We have to," Master said, and looked by the window,"For her sake,"

"I'm worried, Gramps... What..if what Lukas dreamt came true?" Laxus stuttered.

"I hope it won't happen...." Master muttered.

"Why is that guy so important​ anyway?!" Bickslow suddenly shouted,"That guy may be just a spy for Zeref! For all we know he's brainwashing you guys!"

"You don't understand him!" The tone on Laxus's voice is different.... The tone he has... was defensive.

He's defending Lukas? Why?

"He's not a spy! He told us!" He started crying,"Lukas... I—no, we know him better than you guys. He told me... He would never betray our family.. Lukas is my cousin, damn it!"

Our eyes widen at his outburst. Lukas Dreyar-???. Who is he? Now... All we know that he's Laxus's cousin... But.. Why is he around Lucy more?

I noticed Lucy's changed more than anyone. She's so thin and pale. Her lively brown eyes are dull. And she came back with Lukas.

Could it be?

Laxus's POV

Evergreen's eyes widen and looked at me in the eye,"Lukas... Is Lucy's brother, isn't he?"

I looked at her in shock. How did she figure it out?

She stood up and looked at me and Gramps dead in the eye,"He is, right? He's a Heartfilia," Then, she suddenly trembled,"Then... Lucy is dying..."

She fell in her knees,"No... It can't be! Natsu won't be happy to hear this! We... No..." She cried.

I may be have been ignoring Lucy too, but I don't know what is Natsu's plan.

"What's Natsu's plan, Evergreen?" I asked.

She looked at me and said,"Natsu was planning a grand confession to Lucy..."

Bisca's POV

After Lucy fall asleep, Lukas's communication lacrima starts glowing and ringing.

Angel walked over to it and answered the call.

It revealed a girl with short green hair.

"Who are you?" The lady asked.

"Sorano Agria of Crime Sorcier. Who the bloody hell are you?" Angel said.

"Sorano? Lucy's friend?"

"Who are you to Lucy?!" Angel exclaimed.

"Her soon-to-be sister-in-law!"

"Wait!" Mira butt in,"Are you Brandish Mu X?"

"I am! Where's Lukas?"

"We're sorry... But Lukas was arrested," I said, apologizing to her.

She was silent....

"Fuck!!!"

And another voice,"Randi!!! Get back here!"

It was revealed a blonde haired lady with red eyes.

"Oh gosh Randi!! Don't stir that shit too hard!! We might hit something!"

"Lukas is away from Lucy! Who knows what could have happened to Lucy already! Eileen and August and the Emperor are going to kill us!"

Lukas was right when he said the higher ups of Alvarez cares for her so much.

"We just need to be patient! 9 more days, Randi! Wait for nine days and we'll make sure of it for ourselves!"

"But we have to make it fast!"

"Randi! Lukas is the only one who have the fastest ship in all Alvarez. For pete's sake calm down!"

The call was cut off since then.

And then... A black mist formed in front of Lucy.

"Lucy...." Not just us, but everyone in the guild was looking at the mist who formed into a figure. He has the appearance of a young man. He wears high-collared black and tan robes with gold trim, along with a large, flowing white toga draped around his torso. He has short black hair, dark eyes, and abnormally sharp canines. Zeref came for her.

"Lucy, wake up," Zeref said, as he knelt down in front of her.

We could see that tears are starting to form in his eyes, but he blinked it away and hugged Lucy,"I'm just visiting okay... You'll get better and go home with us, it's only a matter of time..."

And he disappeared but said this last;“It's only a matter of time before you disappear and descends to the heavens,”

“Descends to the heavens...” Ultear muttered.

Mira gasped in shock,“Her time...” She looked at us, who knew,“The exceeds should go and help Porlyusica. The Connels, Juvia, Gajeel, Wendy and I are going to look out for Lucy,”

Natsu's POV

The exceeds saw the panic and her eyes, they did what they were asked but didn't asked a question. So they head out to Porlyusica's house.

Lukas is gone now right? I should be happy. Buy why do I feel something's wrong. Like a bad/worse thing is going to happen.

“What's going on, Mira?” Bisca asked,“What did Zeref mean by that?!”

Their groups were in panic. All of us are just listening.

But suddenly, the doors burst open.

“Randi!! Slow down!” It was the same voice earlier.

“I cant!” The same one too.

“Brandish and Dimaria?” Mira questioned and the two nodded.

Mira stepped aside, as they went to Lucy's side. Brandish was checking her wrist, and sighed in relief when she saw two sensory link.

“Did... The Emperor came here?” Dimaria asked.

“He did,” Was Mira talking about Zeref?

Bisca made Mira looked at her, and shake her shoulders,“What did Zeref mean by ‘Descends to the heavens,’?! We're are panicking here too!”

Brandish gasped and fall into her knees, and trembled in shock,“Lucy's time....” They, We, looked at her,“Is running out... She needs the cure! She's going to die!”

All of our eyes widen is shock at her out burst, Dimaria and Mira comforted the green haired girl as she cried.

“Calm down, Randi...” Dimaria cried too,“The help is on the way,”

Porlyusica's POV (Lol wut?)

“I'm almost done!” I said to the panicking cats,“I just need to go to your guild and need that little girl's help,”

“Aye sir!” The blue cat exclaimed as he carried me. While the other two carried what I need, as I hold the almost done cure for the kid.

“We better hurry!” I said,“That kid is running out of time!”