Prologue

"Takuto," said Mitsuki again, the tears overflowing from her heart and spilling softly onto the concrete below.

Takuto merely glanced at her for a moment, his shocked expression becoming one of puzzlement, then a feint of disinterest as he looked away. The feather in his hands slowly fluttered to the ground as his brief flash of recognition faded, "Are you a fan of Route L? You seem a bit," Takuto paused and returned his gaze to Mitsuki, "young."

Mitsuki was shocked at first, evidenced by the widening of her eyes and the stopping of her breath.  Comprehension soon dawned on her, and she hugged Takuto tightly, exclaiming loudly, "Takuto! You said you would never forget me!"

Surprised, Takuto pulled away, or rather tried to, as for some reason her scent, her eyes, and most of all, her voice, dredged up strong emotions within him, and he ended up flailing his arms about wildly as she held on tightly to his torso.  A minute passed, and finally Mitsuki pulled back, her blushed face turned towards the ground where her right shoe was gently scraping.

After a few moments of awkward silence, Mitsuki spoke softly, almost to herself, "I thought I would never see you again, Takuto."

Suddenly on the verge of anger, Takuto shouted in her direction, "And who are you anyway?  Stupid kid, do you think you can just go up to any person and grab them like that?!  I gave up singing," his angst was audible here, as he emphasized this last sentence, "and now you just hug me as if you've known me all your life!"  and with these final words he began storming past Mitsuki, only to find that her body was blocking his path.

"Takuto..." she said softly, slowing the tears of hurt from flowing down her face, though a few slipped by to run down her pale cheeks, and hugged Takuto again, holding him in a gentle contrast to her earlier bear hug.

"Notice me." she said to herself.