Chapter 2

Hermione looked down at the time-turner in her hand. It looked similar to the one she'd used in third year, but was definitely not the same. This one was larger and had more rings. Hermione assumed that it was just a newer model.

After helping some of the injured, the survivors of Hogwarts were called out by a cold, demanding voice. "HARRY POTTER IS DEAD!" Voldemort cackled. The Death Eaters laughed and cheered with their leader. Tears glistened in Hermione's eyes as she saw her best friends' limp body in Hagrid's arms. She could hear the shocked gasps of people around her and crestfallen faces. She could hear Ginny's voice from beside her as she muttered: "No...No...This can't be happening..." Her voice stuttering in denial, then turning into silent sobs.

"HARRY!" Ron shouted, as he stepped out of the crowd. Then he looked up at Voldemort. "Ron, no! Come back!" Molly cried out desperately.

"You're a sick bastard you know! You won't win this. We will. For Harry." Ron declared his face in a look of disgust and anger, before the Death Eaters continued in their laughs. "Oh, you silly boy. We've already won. There's nothing you can do about it, blood traitor. Your only hope is dead. Now I think it's time to learn your lesson," Voldemort threatened menacingly. "Avada Kedavra!"

Ron dropped to the ground, dead. "RON!" Molly and Ginny screamed as the Weasley's erupted in loud sobs. Hermione's eyes widened as silent tears continuously streamed down her face. 

Gone. Two of her best friends were gone.

Voldemort cackled again, before ordering his Death Eaters:

"Kill them all."

~

~

~

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter.

Hopefully the characters weren't too out of character. You probably would've noticed that the events in this chapter is the not the same as the original events from the seventh book. Unfortunately I had to kill Ron because he would've followed Hermione back in time. And it just makes the story a bit more heart-wrenching. Thanks for reading again and feel free to leave any feedback! 😊