Chapter 5

Hermione looked up to see a tall, pale, handsome brown-haired boy with the prefect badge gleaming on his Slytherin robes. She knew who this was. Harry had told her all about him and his endeavors as a student.

"I need the headmaster's assistance in something. I've been on the run for a while until I stumbled upon this school." Hermione explained. Tom Riddle looked at her with a suspicious look in his eyes.

"Very well." Tom turned his eyes back to the door as he said the password, which enabled the door to swing open to reveal the Headmaster at his desk discussing with none other than Albus Dumbledore whom she recognized by voice.

Both men turned their heads at the sound of the door opening to reveal a young woman and Tom Riddle. Armando Dippet gave them a warm smile as soon as he saw Tom. It was obvious the Headmaster adored him. Hermione refrained from rolling her eyes. 'If only he knew.' Hermione thought. However, Dumbledore was not as pleased to see the head boy.

"Good evening Tom," Headmaster Dippet welcomed. "who is this young lady here?" He asked as he looked at Hermione. "My name is Elora Black, sir. I am 18. My father Phineas Black attended here before he was disowned. I've been on the run after my father was killed in the war. I'd heard of this school through my father and I wish to attend it after being homeschooled, sir." Hermione answered. 

Dumbledore gave her a suspicious look. He looked the same, yet younger with auburn hair opposed to the white she was used to.

"Interesting...And your mother?" Dippet questioned.

"She died after giving birth to me." Hermione explained taking a jab at Riddle's past.

"I am sorry for your losses Ms. Black. Please forgive my curiosity. Did you know your grandfather was a headmaster here? His portrait is here, but he never returns to it."

"It's fine sir. So...will I be able to attend this school? I have nowhere else to go."

"Yes, of course you may. I'm sure your father taught you well." Dippet assured her, as he reached for the sorting hat.

The sorting hat became alive as soon as it hit her head.

'Hmm...Time-traveler eh? How peculiar...So you were a Gryffindor, and I see that you have a mission that you must complete...Smart and witty yet brave and cunning...Definitely not Hufflepuff...Ravenclaw, Gryffindor and Slytherin are all possibilities that you could do well in. Which house do you want Ms. Granger?' The hat spoke in her head.

As much as Hermione wanted to be in Gryffindor, Slytherin was obviously the best option for her mission.

'Slytherin. Put me in Slytherin. I am supposed to be a Black after all aren't I?' Hermione thought to the hat.

'Indeed.'- "SLYTHERIN!" The hat roared. 

~

~

~

Disclaimer: I don't own the Harry Potter franchise.

Yep. I'm definitely dragging this story out. I'm very much aware that the storyline so far is very similar to some Tomione fanfictions, so I'm still figuring out how to make it new and exciting. I'm sorry if the writing is a bit dull. Writing is definitely not my strong point. Anyways, have a good new year!

Thank you for reading and feel free to leave any feedback!