Healing Hands

"What are you doing here Princess Yan Da?" Chao Ya asked immediately after they've settled themselves in Xing Jiu's room.

"Doing my own mission," Yan Da answered vaguely. She smirked when she saw their distrustful look except Ka Suo. He had been silent for a while now.

Yan Da then met Xing Jiu's gaze. Studying him. Analyzing the damage that Feng Tian did.

"What is it?" Xing Jiu asked, interrupting her inquisitive gaze.

"Do you want me to heal you?" She asked. The King of Dream Tribe looked at her in surprise.

"A-and why would you do that?" Xing Jiu was skeptical. She's an enemy.

"Reasons. So, do you want me to or not?"

"Can you do it?" Ka Suo interrupted.

"She can." The fairy then replied. "She's really strong. She only gave me a piece of her soul but now I can do this." With a flick of his finger, all of the lights went out. Then with another, the candles were lit again.

The leaders looked at each other. Yan Da smiled. "I know that you don't trust me. But you have the chief of healers with you." Eyes focusing on Huang Tuo. "He'd know if I'm doing something else."

Ka Suo made his decision then. "Do it."

Yan Da nodded. "But I need all of you to leave the room."

Ka Suo looked at his fellow leaders. Silently, they all went out of the room. Even though, they were all still skeptical.

Outside...

"Shi." Ka Suo then called out.

"What is it?" asked the fairy materializing in front of him.

"Do you know who she is?" He then asked. The others kept quiet wanting to know the fairy's answer.

"No." Shi replied. "But..."

"But..." Ka Suo repeated, looking at his brother.

Shi looked down. "She was familiar and I didn't want to leave her alone for some reason. Especially, when we were attacked a while ago..."

Ka Suo was quiet after that. A memory then flashed in his mind. When Shi died and was about to bury him, a golden hair ornament fell from his robe. The same with the one that he saw on the fire princess hair a while ago. He frowned.

Shi... don't tell me that besides our Yan Zhu... you have affections for Princess Yan Da?

Meanwhile inside...

"Remove your upper garment," Yan Da told Xing Jiu while bringing out her acupuncture needles. Xing Jiu followed her order quietly. Not feeling any malicious intent.

"Lie down and make yourself comfortable. Don't move no matter what or your injuries will get worse. Understood?"

Xing Jiu nodded. When he was settled, Yan Da went to him. Noticing that he was tense, she shifted her serious demeanor to a more calming and friendlier one.

"Xing Jiu, it's going to be okay." She told him like a mother comforting her son, smiling gently. She lifted her hand, putting it on his shoulder. "Relax. Close your eyes."

When he was finally relaxed, Yan Da began to work. Carefully. Once and a while Xing Jiu let out a soft whimper. She was quick to comfort him. On the side, Huang Tuo watched her in amazement.

"Huang Tuo."

"Hm?" He asked, eyes still fixed on what she's doing, learning. He never saw this way of healing from his tribe. It was new to him.

"I need your assistance. See this needle near his heart." She said. Huang Tuo focused on that.

"I want you to focus some of your energy on it. Be careful though. It shouldn't be too strong."

Huang Tuo moved. "How strong exactly?" Yan Da smiled. "You'll feel it. Let your instinct take over."

The healer nodded, following what he told her. Slowly, he let his energy flow into the needle. Stopping when he felt that it was enough.

"Continue. Until you're done with all of them." Yan Da instructed again. Huang Tuo obeyed, looking at her once in a while. Wondering why he was so at ease with her? And why did he feel really happy that she's there...?

An hour later and the two were done. Yan Da was exhausted. She used too much energy in one day. Too tired to move. She fell asleep beside Xing Jiu. Huang Tuo also collapsed on the other side. Deep asleep.