Painting with Blood

Yan Da smiled when she felt Shi's happiness. He's practically glowing. "Ka Suo killed that many?"

The fairy nodded. "So much that I'm full and satisfied."

"That's good." She said, letting him land on her palm. "That means you can assist me in fighting my next opponents." Shi smirked, feeling power surge inside of him. "Of course."

"Get ready." Yan Da warned. Two snake like creatures then appeared in front of them. She grimaced. They had a putrid smell. Even Shi crunched his nose in disgust. What kind of creatures are they anyway?

The two then turned their back against each other, facing their own opponents.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

With Ka Suo and Dieche...

Ka Suo touched his ring as the beautiful music filled the air. The ring glowed, making him remember. He closed his eyes, ignoring the pain in his heart and just focused his thoughts on Yan Zhu. He saw her under the cherry blossom trees. She was dancing below it happily. He could feel his heart ache with longing. Yearning for his queen.

"You too have been hurt before because of love," Dieche said when she approached him. That snapped Ka Suo out of his thoughts.

"I'm sorry." He stated. He went inside the room without permission. "Your music is beautiful. It's filled with so much love. You must love Chi Mo very deeply."

Dieche looked at Chi Mo's unconscious form. She does love him deeply. "Without him, I'll never play music again. Music without love is nothing but noise."

" Your music is the most emotional that I've heard." He told her. Dieche smiled, looking at him with a knowing look.

"All those who loves my music are the people who have great affection. Is there someone you love dearly?"

Ka Suo looked to his side. Yan Zhu's image once again flashed in his mind. "Unfortunately, she's not here with me to enjoy your music along with me."

Hours later with Shi and Yan Da...

The two looked at each other and shared a laugh together. They were covered with the creatures' bits but they won so it was worth it. Suddenly though, one of the guardians appeared taking Yan Da with her.

"Yan Da!" Shi called out, quickly hiding her presence then transported himself on her.

In the Sacred Snow Palace...

Yan Da let out a muffled scream when she landed harshly on the floor, making her injuries worse. Blood coated the floor. She glared at the figure on the throne. She's not stupid. She knew that presence. She and Tian Xing met it too many times for her liking.

"Yuan Ji," She growled. The king smirked, showing the soul of her brother on his palms.

"Xin Jue, gege!" She exclaimed in surprise, standing up. "So, it was you all along. Father and I thought that the fire king killed him but it was you. Why?"

"I thought that he would completely revive me but I forgot that most souls of the princes of the fire tribe were left behind to guard the lamp." He explained, moving towards her. "I also thought of going to the fire tribe and to consume your father's soul. However, now that you're here. I'll just take yours."

Yan Da raised her hand, removing his hold on her. "You wish." She then raised her arm, launching an attack. He avoided it barely. He smirked.

"Oh, you'll do very well. I can see why my son chose you." He said, sending her flying back into the air. Shi quickly materialized himself and transported them both to where the others are.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Ka Suo and the others were deep asleep on the boat. When they felt the influx in the air, suddenly, they saw Shi and Yan Da's unconscious and battered form.

"Yan Da!" Ka Suo called out, pulling her up to him. He looked down in horror as blood coated his hands and his clothes. Even more so when she spat blood, painting them more darkly.

Huang Tuo quickly went to her too, using his powers to heal her. Yan Da gasped in pain. Yuan Ji targeted her core. Luckily, Shi was there so the damaged was lessened. Still it took an hour to heal most of her injuries.

"Huang Tuo, you can stop." Ka Suo told the healer when he saw that he was about to faint. He was exhausted. They all are. They fought a lot of battles in a day.

"But." Huang Tuo protested, looking at Yan Da.

"It's okay. She's going to be fine now. You should rest." Ka Suo urged him. With hesitation, Huang Tuo relented. After once look at his jiejie, he went to his place again.

"You guys should sleep too." Ka Suo told the others. They nodded, going back to sleep. Shi who was very silent even when they've arrived dropped down. His hands were trembling as he caressed Yan Da's cheek.

"I'm sorry," he whispered before disappearing into the deicide sword.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Ka Suo wanted to ask his brother what happened but when he saw his state. He stopped. Shi looked traumatized. He was trembling. So, he let him do what he wanted. When he was gone, he gathered Yan Da in his arms and went to his spot.

Gently, he wiped the blood on her face. Red looks good on her but not blood. She looked more beautiful without it. Like Shi, his hands were trembling. He already lost Shi. He couldn't lose her too. Not again. He didn't know if he could handle it. When they were both gone, he was barely holding it together. If not for the hope of seeing them again, he would have succumbed to coldness.

He then kissed her forehead. He would definitely make her stay by their side this time.