End of Journey

Lotus woke up at the sound of footsteps going towards her room. She quickly got up. She didn't want to look vulnerable in front of that monster. Yuan Ji. Her son's true father. She chuckled darkly. His real father but he took Shi's life anyway. Despicable.

When the door opened, she was ready to lash out. However, the figure that entered wasn't Yuan Ji but...

"Shi!" she called out happily, hugging her son. "My son. Is this real?" She asked, looking at him carefully. She frowned. Something is amiss. A dark laugh then filled the air.

"Yuan Ji," Lotus spat.

"Enjoying my gift I see." Yuan Ji stated.

Her eyes narrowed, looking at the Shi in front of her then to Yuan Ji. "What did you do?"

"Just a simple experiment." Yuan Ji replied. "Now, Lotus have you made your decision?"

Lotus looked at him with hate. "No matter how much you asked me. I'll never be your queen."

Yuan Ji smirked. "We'll see." He then waved his hand for Shi to follow him. Lotus watched them walk away. She was trembling from anger. She loved her son but she wouldn't be fooled. That Shi has her son's essence but not complete. His eyes were dead.

With Yan Da and the others...

They decided to continue the journey albeit with a heavy heart. After passing the complicated maze, Xing Zhuo appeared. Yan Da was pissed so when she did, she quickly finished her off. She didn't want to play games anymore. This journey had been long enough.

The others who felt her anger kept quiet and let her be. Even Ka Suo. Words couldn't comfort her. He understood. This is something between her and Shi. He couldn't interfere.

When they passed the last gate, they readied themselves. It's after all Yuan Ji that they're going to face.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

In the throne room...

Yuan Ji smirked when he saw them. "Well, well, well, look who's here. Welcome to the castle's throne room. Where each and every one of you would meet your end."

The fight then began. Swords clashed and powers met. A test of skills and strength.

Yan Da heaved, finishing her opponent quickly. A sudden attack from behind though sent her flying into the wall.

"Yan Da!" Ka Suo called out, wanting to go to her but his opponent blocked her.

"I'm okay!" She answered, standing up and facing her new opponent. Her heart stopped when she saw who it was.

.

.

.

"Ying Kong Shi?"

Yuan Ji's laugh was then heard by all. "That's right. I forgot. Meet my new commander. But all of you knew him already. No need for introductions. Shi finished them. Starting with their queen."

Shi followed his orders like a puppet. Yan Da put her sword up in defense, fighting him back. It was painful to watch. If you did, you could see her struggles. She didn't want to fight him. So all she did was deflect his attacks. Not attacking.

"Ying Kong Shi!" she called out. "It's me, Yan Da!"

But he didn't hear her. His mind was full of hate. Hate for himself. Trapped in the world he created. One powerful attack sent Yan Da flying again to the wall, breaking some of her ribs.

"Yan Da!"

"Jie Jie!"

"Your Majesty!"

The others called out in worry but they couldn't go to her. Their hands were full.

"Ying Kong Shi..." she tried again. " It's me, Yan Da. Your wife. Your queen. Don't you recognize me anymore?"

Inside Shi...

"Yan Da..."

Outside...

"Yan Da?" Shi uttered, some light could be seen in his eyes.

"That's right. It's me, Yan Da." she said, going near him, cupping his face with her hands. Shi then screamed, holding his head in pain. Yuan Ji smirked, twisting his hand.

Shi's eyes then turned dark once more, taking Yan Da by her throat, strangling her.

"Ah!" Yan Da gasped, feeling the need for air. However, she stopped when he saw his eyes flicker in pain. She smiled. Tears falling from her eyes. She then put her hands on the one on her throat.

"Ying Kong Shi," she told him lovingly, stroking his hand with her thumb. "If it will ease the pain that you're feeling right now, kill me if you wish. I'm sorry if I didn't tell you about Tian Xing. I was scared. You were finally by my side again and if I told you the truth, you'd push yourself away from me again. I didn't want that. I love you too much for me to let you go."

After saying that, she closed her eyes. Waiting... but the hold on her became slack. Then she was totally let go.

Her eyes snapped open, looking forward. It was met by a gentle smile. "Yan Da..." It was fairy Shi. He turned back to his former self when he felt her tears and heard her words.

"I really...

.

.

.

Really love you too." he confessed before going into the deicide sword and killing Yuan Ji with one strike.

Yuan Ji screamed in pain as the sword ate his soul. "No!!!!"

Seconds later and it was quiet. The evil king is finally dead.