/ four

“you- what?” you asked, oblivious to the fact that i was an actual photographer and not just some stupid high school boy trying to send a picture of the hot girl in the park to his friend.

“my camera is still is my truck. i left it back at the coffee shop.” i explained.

“would you like a coffee?” i added.

you shrugged and then after a few seconds, agreed to my offer.

i smiled to myself and mentally thanked my camera for still being in the car.

we started walking, and i noticed how far behind me you were. at least a few steps.

“im not going to bite.” i chuckled, glancing over my shoulder at you.

a deep blush creeped onto your cheeks and you sped up to walk beside me.

by the time that we got to the cafe, you had barely said a word.

i didn’t even know your name, for god’s sake.

“um, what’s your name?” i asked, opening the door to the cafe.

the smell of coffee and fresh baked goods filled my whole being, and i smiled.

“este.” you said, the corner of your mouth tugging up into a small smile.

“i’m ashton.” i grinned, happy that we’re now on a first name basis and i didn’t feel like such a creep.

after we ordered and i insisted on paying, we found a two seat table near the window and sat down.

“so…” you start, and then trail off as if you’re not quite sure what you want to say, but you’re sick of the silence between us.

“why do you need this picture, exactly? and why of me?” you continue.

i run a hand through my hair and then explain the whole thing.

as soon as i get to the prompt topic, your eyes grow wide at the mention of ‘beautiful’.

“well, fuck,” you mutter. “i think you’ve got the wrong person.”

-

no este he knows what he's doing shut up