chapter ten

We finally reach the How after walking all night

"What happened?" asks Lucy.

"Ask him." Peter directs his comment towards Caspian.

"Peter." Susan warns.

"Me?" Caspian asks, "you could've called it off. there was still time."

"No, there wasn't, thanks to you, if you kept to the plan, those soldiers might be alive." Peter tells him.

"If you'd stayed here like I suggested, they definitely would be!" Caspian argues.

"You called us remember." Peter reminds him.

"My first mistake." Caspian mutters.

"No. Your first mistake was thinking you could lead these people." Peter tells him.

"I'm not the one who abandoned Narnia!" Caspian shouts at him.

"You invaded Narnia. You have no more right to lead it than Miraz does." By now they're both shouting, "you, him, your father. Narnia's better off without the lot of you."

Caspian lets out a battle cry as he swings his sword towards Peter, who in return blocks it.

"Stop it!" Edmund shouts at them, fed up with their arguing, as am I. We help one of our last Minotaur lower Trumpkin to the ground. Lucy gasps and runs over to us, getting her Fire-Flower juice from its pouch. We bend down beside Trumpkin as she puts a drop in his mouth. Trumpkin does and intake of air and he opens his eyes.

"What are you all standing around for?" He asks. I lightly smile, knowing he's okay, " Telmarines will be here soon enough."

Lucy begins to stand up, but he stops her, "Thank you, my dear little friend."

She smiles at him and stands up, walking away with Susan. Edmund helps me stand up and we follow them.

🔦3rd person 🔦

"What's he doing?" Anna ask Peter as He, Edmund, Trumpkin and Anna run down the hall.

"Something incredibly stupid." He tells me.

"Wouldn't be the first time." Anna chuckles. They reach the stone table room,

"Stop!"

Peter was right he was going to do something incredibly stupid. A wall of ice with Jadis inside It sat between two Columns. Anna shoot an arrow at the strange looking bird and she dodged it. The werewolf charges at Edmund, knocking him over his shoulder, forcing him to the ground. His sword must have cut him on the way down and the wolf let out a howl of pain.

Lucy comes out of no where and holds her dagger to Nikabriks throat. He twists her arm around, causing her to let out a cry of pain. Pushing her to the ground he holds his dagger up above his head. Before he could strike, Trumpkin stabs him in his back.

Edmund stands up and jumps onto the edge of the steps. He jumps into the air, turning around and slicing the wolf in its face.

Anna runs over to Caspian and knocks him to the ground before he could grab Jaids' hand. Peter now stands in the circle holding his sword out threateningly at her.

"Peter, dear." Jadis says sweetly, "I've missed you. Come." she says holding her hand out, "Just one drop, you know you can't do this alone."

"Peter don't." Anna warns, noticing the look on Peters face. Suddenly a sword goes through Jadis' stack and she gasps. The ice begins to crack. Anna covers her face as it falls to the ground. Behind were the ice stood, stands Edmund, sword raised and eyes closed. He opens his eyes and looks at Peter.

"I know. You had it sorted." Edmund says sarcastically before walking way, Anna running after him.

Caspian turns around to look at Susan. She gives him a disapproving look before storming off.