chapter four

I listen to Reepichep sing as I sit on the head of the dragon

"Where Sky and Water meet

Where the Waves grow ever Sweet

Doubt not, you Reepicheep

To find all that you Seek

There is the Utter East

Doubt not-"

"That's pretty." Lucy says startling us both.

"Oh!" Reepicheep jumps, surprised at our presence, "Thank you. A dyrad sung it to me when I was just a mouseling. I can't divine to meaning, but I've never forgotten the words."

"What do you think is past the lone islands, Reep?" I ask my mouse friend.

"Well, I've been told the furthest east one can sail is to the end of the world. Aslan's country." Reepicheep tells us.

"Do you really believe there's such a place?" Lucy asks skeptically.

"Well, we have nothing if not belief." Reepicheep is probably the wisest and most noble pers-thing-mouse I know.

"Do you think we could actually sail there?" Lucy asks, a hint a fear in her voice.

"Well there is only one way of finding out. I only hope that one day I earn the right to see it." He chuckles and bows, "your majesty's."

I smile at Lucy and walk over to the large crowd of men, cheering. Making my way to the front, I watch as Edmund and Caspian duel. Their swords clash together. They each take a turn in trying to knock the others sword out of their hand. The duel ends when Edmunds sword goes across Caspian's abdomen and his goes to Edmunds neck. The crew cheers and I clap and cheer with them. The two men laugh and Caspian clasps a hand on my boyfriends shoulder.

"You've grown stronger, my friend." Caspian praises him. I smile and make my way over to them.

"It seems I have." He smirks.

"Alright, back to work!" Drinain commands.

Edmund meets me halfway and kisses me on my cheek.

"Your highness." Edmund takes the goblet of water a crew member offers him,

"Oh, thank you." He grabs my hand and takes a large gulp of water. He smiles at his sister and stands beside her.

"Edmund, do you think if we keep sailing to the end of the world we'll just tip off the edge?" Lucy asks.

"Don't worry Lu, we're a log way from there." He reassures her. I glance at Eustace, who's climbing out of the crews quarters. He stands up and dusts off his pants.

"I see you're still talking nonsense, the three of you." He says walking over to us and leaning against the side of the ship beside me. I roll my eyes at him.

"Are you feeling better?" Lucy asks him.

"Yes, no thanks to you. its lucky I have an iron condition." He snaps at her.

"As effervescent as ever, I see" Reepicheep says, standing beside some ropes, "find your sea legs?"

"Never lost them. Simply dealing with the shock of things." Eustace explains, "Mother says I have an acute disposition, due to my intelligence."

I snort and Edmund spits his water back in the goblet. I put my hand over my mouth the stop my laughter.

"I don't think he has a cute anything." Reepicheep says to Lucy, making me laugh harder through my hand.

"I'll have you know, when we reach civilization I'm contacting the British Council." Eustace says backing away from us, unaware of Caspian behind him, smirking in amusement, "Have you all arrested for kidnapping."

He turns around, only to run into Caspian, "Kidnapping is it? Funny, I thought we saved your life."

"You held me against my will " Eustace shouts in disbelief.

"Ha!" Reepicheep laughs as he watches the arguing Eustace in amusement.

"Did I?" Caspian asked in fake confusion as he grins at the boy.

"In what I must say, are the most unhygienic quarters. it's like a zoo down there!" Eustace rants, shoving a finger toward the crews quarter.

"He's quite the complainer isn't he?" Reepicheep asks in amusement as he turns to look at us.

"He's just warming up." Edmund deadpans.

"Land ho!" Someone shouts. I look around and spot an island in the distance.

A/N- Two chapters in one night. I haven't edited them yet, so if there are any mistakes, please just don't.