chapter sixteen

It started out as a feeling

Which then turned into a hope

Which then turned into a quiet thought

Which then turned into a quiet word

And the. That word grew louder and louder

Til' it was a battle cry

I'll come back when you call me

No need to say goodbye

-

Two weeks later we gathered everyone by a tree in the town so Aslan could offer them something, in not sure what it is, but I'll find out soon enough.

"Narnia belongs to the Narnians, just as it does to man." Caspian says, " Any Telmarines that want to stay and make peace are welcome to. But for any of you who wish, Aslan will return to the lands of or forefathers."

"It's been generations since we left Telmar." a Telmarines speaks up.

"We are not referring to Telmar." Aslan tells the man, "your ancestors were seafaring brigands. Pirates run aground on an island. There they found a cave, a rare chasm that brought them here from their world. The same world as our Kings and Queens, with the exception of Queen Anna of course. it is to that world I can return you. it is a good place for any who want to make a new start."

No one spoke for a few moment until the new ex leader of the Telmarine army spoke up, " I will go. I will accept the offer."

Turns out he didn't drown. sadly.

"So will we." Miraz's wife spoke for her and another man. She held her newborn baby close to her as she walked forward.

"Because you have spoken first, your futures in that world shall be good." Aslan smiles at the three of them. Aslan blows out air and the tree near me began to twist until there was a hole in between it. they glance at each other wearily before walking to the tree. they walk through it and disappear. That's when people began to freak out.

"Where did they go?"

"He killed them!" I hear two people yell out over the shouts.

"How do we know he is not leading us to our death?" A man questions.

"Sire. If my example can be of service, I will take eleven mice through with no delay." Reepicheep speaks up.

"We'll go." Peter speaks up.

"We will?" Edmund asks him.

"Come on. Our times up. After all..." Peter trails off walking over to Caspian and handing him his sword, "we're not really needed here anymore."

Caspian takes the sword, "I will look after it until you return."

"I'm afraid that's just it." Susan says, "We're not coming back."

"We're not?" Lucy asks.

"You three are." Peter tells us, "At least, I think he means you three."

"But why?" Lucy asks Aslan, looking as if she's going to cry, "did they do something wrong?"

"Quite the opposite, dear one." Aslan says, "But all things have their time. Your brother and sister have learned what they can from this world. Now it's time for them to live in their own."

"It's alright Lu. It's not how I thought it would be..." Peter says comforting her, "... but it's alright. One day you'll see too, come on."

We walk over to Trufflehunter, Trumpkin, Reepicheep, and the centaur. We bow to them and Susan walks over to Caspian.

"I'm glad I came back." She tells him.

"I wish we had more time together." he says sadly.

"It would never have worked anyway." she tells him

"Why not?"

"I am thirteen hundred years older than you." she says smiling. she starts to walk away, but at the last moment she turns around and kisses him. It lasts for a few seconds before they embrace each other in a tight hug.

"I'm sure when I'm older I'll understand." Lucy says causing me to laugh.

"I'm older and don't think I want to understand." Edmund jokes. I smack him on his shoulder and he smiles at me. I grab Edmunds hand as we walk through the tree portal. The scene suddenly changes from the beautiful lands of Narnia to the train station we were at before we came to Narnia. I turn around only to find no way back. The train whistles and we look at each other. Looking down at my clothes I notice I'm no longer in my beautiful dress, but in my horrid school uniform instead. We quickly grab our things and board the train that will take us to school.

"You don't suppose we could go back, do you?" Edmund asks looking through his bag.

"Why?" I ask

"I left my new torch in Narnia." Edmund deadpans which throws us into a fit of giggles as the train door slides closed

THE END

Excuse me while I go cry in a corner. This story has been so fun to right, and I can't believe I've already finished it. You guys are awesome for getting me this many reads and votes. I love you guys and the sequel will be up soon enough.