K A S P B R A K

"What the fuck?" I whisper. Beverly clutches my hand.

"Oh my fucking God. One of you guys is scared of me. I am so, so sorry. I don't know what I've done but I promise I'll try harder and be more sensitive." I cover my mouth using my other hand. An identical version of me is standing in the distance, blood and battered clothes galore, when she suddenly stumbles, and doesn't get back up.

"No. Fuck this man. Fucking dead bodies? Can we leave this shithole now?" Richie looks disgusted and I feel the same way.

"We h-have to do th-this." Bill says determinedly.

"Wait. I'm just wondering, whose scared of me?" I say quietly. I search my friends faces, but they all seem as confused as I am.

"Maybe we c-can focus o-on th-that after." Bill suggests.

AFTER THEY KILL THAT HOE OF A CLOWN

"Guys, wait. Please, just tell me whose scared of me. One of you must know." I say, wringing my hands together.

"I think it's me." Eddie looks at me and has his inhaler out in a flash.

"Oh." Of course. Of fucking course my crush of four years is more fucking scared of me than of a murdering clown.

"It's obviously not you. You like her, so why would you-" Stan begins but Eddie throws his inhaler, hitting Stan in the nose.

"Shut your mouth Stanley." Eddie glares.

"Yeah Stan. Shut your mouth or his mom will shut it for you." Richie sniggers.

"B-Beep beep, Richie." Bill looks unimpressed.

"Um. Yeah, I don't think I'm scared of you though. More scared of losing you to a fucking clown." Eddie looks down.

"Really?" I ask, fingers crossed.

"Well, yeah!" Eddie still won't look up.

"Eddie, look at me. Please." I say softly.

"Well, would you look at the fucking time! I have to go home to my to my loving parents who definitely aren't in New York right now. Ha, ha." Richie hops on his bike and is off.

"I have to go study, um, stuff." Stan is off too.

"I have more bathrooms to clean." Beverly winks at me before leaving also.

"And none of us w-want to be h-here." Bill, Ben and Mike all leave too. I laugh.

"Eddie, I have a crush on you. I'm just going to say it, because this clown has made us all realise that when you leave, you shouldn't have any regrets, and I don't want you to be my only regret." I turn to leave, having said what I need to but Eddie grabs my arm.

"I like you too. But not in the way I like Beverly, and Stan. I have a crush on you." Eddie is bright red and I kiss his cheek.

"See you tomorrow, buster."