K A S P B R AK

"Hey." You slid into the vacant seat next to Eddie. He smiled, and turned his head to face you.

"Hi. How are you? It's uh, it's been a while." It had been four weeks, which in hindsight was way too long to be apart from Eddie.

"I'm good. She's getting better, slowly." Your grandmother had been on deaths doorstep a little over a month ago. She had been the glue holding the family together for the past ten years, and the entire extended family had shown up at the hospital. It had been over seven years since some aunts and uncles had seen you, and you failed to remember almost all of their names.

"That's good. Um, I wrote notes for you. In each lesson, since we're in all the same classes and I thought it would help because exams are in, like, two months and you missed a whole month of preparation." Hermione Granger who? Eddie shuffled a small stack of papers over to your desk. The front page was highlighted, underlined and had stars around the title. Typical Eddie.

"Thanks, Eds! God, my mom will freak if I fail my exams." You exclaimed with a beam that Eddie returned.

"Anyway, how have you been? Did you tell her you liked her?" You were referring to Eddie's crush. She had been spoken about, but Eddie had refused to tell anyone what her name was, which sucked. It'd be better to know which girl to be jealous of, instead of having to make wild guesses.

"What? No way! I'll tell her when Richie stops joking about my mom." Eddie decided.

"Eddie! Richie will never stop! Come on, you know I won't tell anyone!" You said, hands clasped together. Eddie laughed.

"Alright. I'll tell her to meet you in the bathrooms after third."

"Yes! God, Eddie, finally! If it's Gretta, I'm warning you, I may cry. You know, out of actual pain for you." Eddie laughed again, and your heart soared.

"No, no. I have better taste than that. Way better taste."

"I'm going to fucking kill Eddie." You muttered. It was five minutes into fourth, and the only person in the bathroom was yourself. The tap was dripping slowly, and you reluctantly turned it off before you went mad.

The mirror had smudges all over it, and you could see your reflection. The usual messy hair, the typical outfit, and the same old face. You frowned. What did Eddie's crush have that you didn't? If he liked a cheerleader, your name would be first on the tryouts list. If he was into some nerd, then books would fill your bedroom while he filled your heart. It was driving you insane not knowing which clique his crush fit into.

"Fucking dead." You muttered as you stalked out of the bathroom. It wasn't about being late for history and receiving an afternoon detention, it was about Eddie being a liar. Of course, you weren't mad at him. You knew that. You were mad, scathing mad at his crush.

"He's fucking dead."

"Where's (Y/n)?" Richie asked. The losers were at the bike shed, glancing around in each direction. There was no sign of their best friend.

"Oh. Shit. She might have a detention." Eddie concluded. Heads spun.

"Why?" Bill asked. He was immensely proud of being able to manage short answers without stuttering.

"I-Uh, I cant say." Eddie shifted uncomfortably.

"You can, and you fucking will." Richie demanded.

"I told," Eddie swallowed.

"I told her that my crush would meet her in the bathrooms after third and before fourth." Eddie explained. Stan rose an eyebrow.

"Is that it? Did she find out who it was?" Beverly asked eagerly.