D E N B R O U G H

"It looks like there's a current. I'm not going in there." I peer over the edge again, and swallow the bile rising in my throat.

"It'll be fine! Even Eddie can do it." Beverly smiles at me comfortingly.

"Hey!" Eddie shoots daggers and I smile.

"I'm scared of heights." I whisper eventually.

"That's fine! We're all here to help." Beverly nudges my arm and winks and I sputter.

"What the fuck? Is there some kinky shit going on here?" Richie snorts and Stan cracks a grin.

"Hey, I-I have an i-idea. Let's a-all j-j-jump in at once!" Bill says. He looks so excited, and in that second I knew that even if he had suggested jumping into lava, I would have done it.

"Alright, but I'm warning you all now. If any of you land on me, my skin is very delicate and I have unusually small lungs so I can't stay under as long as everyone else." Eddie takes a quick puff of his inhaler before placing it carefully on the ground.

"You'll be fine." Stan holds Eddie's hand and offers his other to me.

"God, Stanley. I better not die." I take it and Bill grabs my other hand carefully. The rest of the losers hold hands.

"On the count of three." Richie says, and I send a quick prayer to whatever deity is looking over me.

"One." Dear my guardian angel, please let me survive.

"Two." It would be great if you could make Bill Denbrough like me back but all I'm hoping for at the moment is to survive this.

"Three." Stan leaps off, dragging Eddie and I down, which is turn drags Bill and Richie, then everyone else. Piercing screams fill the air as we plummet downwards.

"K-Keep your legs str-straight!" Bill shrieks and holds my hand tighter. We land with a huge splash, and I feel everyone's grip on my loosen, then disappear. When I come up for air successfully, I hold back a sob. Everyone is cheering and laughing, and I crack a teary smile.

"You o-okay?" Bill grins at me.

"Y-Yeah. I'm fine." I can't believe I just did that. My legs are still tingling from when I hit the water, and it feels nice.

"That w-was awesome!" Bill laughs and I can't help but laugh with him.

"Yeah. It was almost worth the terror." I say. Richie sniggers.

"Race you all to the ice cream parlour!" Richie shouts as he bolts out of the water. We all shriek and attempt to run after him, but Beverly falls, knocking me, which in turn knocks Stan, who drags Bill down. Bill reaches to drag Eddie, but Eddie squeals and darts away to shore.

"No!" I hurry up and dodge my laughing friends.

"Last one there's a rotten egg." I say as I hope on my bike, and pedal quickly. I catch Richie on a hill, and the other Losers catch up quickly.

"Richie I swear to God if you come last-" I snort as we pedal furiously down the path.

"Suck a Denbrough dick, (Y/n)." Richie shouts as we drop our bikes, (except for Stan), and race inside.

"Beverly! You were last!" Eddie cheers from second last place.

"Damn it. What do I owe you all?" Beverly groans.

"A milkshake each!" Stan suggests. Richie cheers and Beverly groans again.

"You're all going to be the death of me." She says with a tired grin.

"Take a seat kids. Shakes will be brought out soon." The cashier says with an amused smile.

"That booth is free." Mike says, and we make our way towards it. Bill slides in one side, and I slide in the other, with Eddie next to me. Pretty quickly, the waiter comes over with our shakes.

"And a chocolate one." He says with flourish. "Here's your straws." He leaves after putting the straws on the table.

"I came out here to have a good time and I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now." I announce, as I stare at the empty space in front of me. Richie snorts into his milkshake.

"He gave you a straw, he just forgot the shake." Beverly says, eyeing the spare straw in the middle. I pick it up and twirl it between my fingers.

"Y-You can sh-share mine." Bill offers with a shy smile.

"No way! Do you know how much bacteria you'll be swapping?" Eddie gags and Stan laughs.

"It's not like they're snogging. Yet." Bill chokes on the mouthful he was drinking and I feel my face growing bright red. Fucking Jew.

"Thanks, Bill." He puts his shake between us and I stick a straw on. I keep my eyes downward as I take a sip, then pull away.

"Mother of fuck, look at them. They're both bright fucking red. Come on, losers. Let's leave the lovebirds alone." Richie suggests, and the others take their milkshakes and relocate to a booth nearby.

"S-Sorry about th-th-them." Bill whispers.

"It's fine. I think they know that I have a crush on you. Not sure how. Please, don't let it change anything between us." I smile sadly.

"Th-Things can't g-g-go back to th-the way they were." Bill says.

"I-I'm sorry." I say quietly.

"Because n-now I kn-know you like m-me back." Bill says. My head shoots up and he laughs.

"You like me?" I ask.

"Of c-course I d-do. Th-The second I s-saw you, I l-liked you." Bill laughs quietly.

"Oh thank God." I lean across the table and hug him tightly.

"Do y-you want to b-b-b-be my g-girlfriend?" Bill asks hopefully.

"Yes!"