U R I S

"Stan! You didn't have to! Wait, is that a chicken?" Y/n snorted with laughter when a toy chicken fell out of the box she had opened. She stopped laughing, and gasped. Stan ran a hand through his curls anxiously. He hoped she liked it.

"Stan, I can't keep this." She slowly lifted up the shining necklace that had been in the jewellery box. He refused to let his heart sink at those words.

"Of course you can. I got it made for you, N/n. Look." He reached out and gently picked up the locket charm hanging on the necklace. When he flipped it over, two initials were clear as day on the back.

"See, you can even open it." His trembling fingers fumbled with the locket briefly, before it opened to reveal two photos on each side. One was of the losers club, and they had all struggled to fit into the frame. Ben was in the process of falling over, Mike and Beverly seemed to be arguing. Richie and Y/n were ruffling Eddies hair while he attempted to swat them away, while Bill and Stan were high fiving. For some of them, it was the only real family they had known. For all of them, it meant the world.

"Gosh, Stan. I just, I feel bad." She chewed her bottom lip anxiously, and Stan made a face.

"Are you kidding me? You got me a signed copy of A Birds Life, and ordered the Peeper 2000 from Australia just for me! Please, take it. For me." He sounded really scared at the end there, and he almost hit himself. She threw her arms around him, and Stan laughed. He knew she'd keep it now, and she wouldn't let anyone take it away from her. Just like him with her.

"You're brilliant, Stan. Really fucking brilliant. Thank you so much. I-I love you." It took her eight months to say three words. Multiple times she had almost said it, but something stopped her. She was grateful for that, because otherwise this moment wouldn't be nearly as perfect. Stan's eyes shone, and she realised it would be just fine.

The first time was in a school play, and she laughed remembering it. Bill and Beverly had had to kiss, while Stan and Y/n had to confess their love for each other. She had panicked, and her nine year old mind had refused to say those words to her crush. What a legend.

The second time had probably been the hardest time. The losers were staying at Bill's, and of course Y/n just had to get the scariest nightmare she'd ever had that night. When she woke up, it was just past three and she was on the verge of sobbing. She had laid stock still, trying to regulate her breathing before her fears got the better of her, but she must not have managed it.

"Y/n? Are you awake?" Stan had whispered softly in the darkness. She inwardly cursed.

"Yeah." Her voice wobbled, and she coughed into her arm.

"Holy shit, are you okay?" Her little heart ached at the sound of her crushes voice sounding concerned for her, and she tried not to cry. She really did.

"I'm fine. Go to sleep." Her voice cracked on almost every word, and she threw herself into the pillow. This night wasn't going as planned, in fact, far from it.

"Crap. Where are you? Is that you? Oh fuck, it's Richie." Stan had made his way over to the terrified form of his friend in the darkness, stumbling on the way. When he finally reached her, he felt her cheeks. They were wet.

"Sh. It's okay, I won't let anyone hurt you." Stan had rubbed her back and wiped her tears, and around that moment was when she truly fell in love with him.

The third time was when she fell down the stairs at school. Richie, the little bitch, had thought it would be funny to shove Stan into her right next to the staircase. She had tumbled down them, and ended up breaking her arm and fracturing her ankle. Stan had held her hand till his knuckles turned white, and had carried her bag to every class while letting her lean on his shoulder. Superman Stan.

The fourth time was the time she had said it. She had sobbed it but no one had heard her. Stan's face was getting eaten off for God's sake, and while he screamed that none of them were his friends she was confessing her love for him. Now, she was glad he didn't hear.

"I love you too." He had a small smile on his lips, and both of them were beaming. Eight months to finally admit to each other the truth, and it was worth every second of the wait.