~FÎV€~

I lay on my back in bed, my sunglasses on my stomach. The Ghast girl is curled up at my side, taking a surprising liking to me. For now I've settled to calling her Gal, like a mix between Ghast and Girl. I'll think of a name eventually.

I did end up catching some sleep. But not much. Dreams of my home in the nether constantly plagued me. I've only been gone a few hours, but the idea that I'll never see it again only makes my chest ache with longing.

I never thought I'd miss red walls and lava. At least Gal is here, adding a little memorabilia of the nether to my life. I hope she isn't missing it too much, like I have been these past two weeks since the... incident with father... Erm... Herobrine. Just Herobrine now.

"Dood!" A voice shouts, while a fist pounds on the door. "Breakfast is up! You actually gonna eat with us today?"

It sounds like Jerome. Sighing, I don't think I can avoid it any longer. For two weeks I've eaten magma cream in my room with just Gal, hinging to something my stomach is used to. Something that has no chance of making my stomach hurt.

"Um... I have a letter to write!?" I call back, using the same excuse I used last week.

"I don't know what you're doing in there, but no excuses this time! You can write your letter later!" Another voice, Jason's, calls.

He still hasn't outright told me he's the king, and I've had no way of finding out naturally. I already know, but I try my hardest not to treat him any differently. He seems to be enjoying the anonymity.

"O-Okay..." I sigh dejectedly, slipping on my sunglasses and amulet. "Just... Gah! I'm coming!"

I haven't needed the amulet lately, since I've been enjoying such a peaceful and joking environment, alone in my room with Gal. The sunglasses have been very useful though. I haven't yet confronted Ian about his own, but I have a few ideas. Obviously I can't just walk up to him. 'Yo, I can sense a darkness surrounding you! You haven't told anyone yet, have you.' That wouldn't go over well.

I rub Gal's head, waking her up. "I'll be right back." I whisper. Then I switch to english, to give her more practice. "You know what to do."

She takes a moment to decipher my words, and then nods. She floats over the the secret niche under the bed. I placed a blanket and some magma cream inside, so it's like a small bedroom for such a small creature.

Standing up, I open my door. Before me stands Jerome and Jason, sharing stern and confused glances. "You're... Coming today?" They ask.

I nod, rubbing the back of my neck. No going back now. "Uh... ya. Sorry for um... being a loner?"

Their terms are weird, but I'm getting the hang of using them. Like "buns" is just another word for butt, which I found entertaining.

"Hey, that's okay man." Jason says. "We're basically strangers still."

"That reminds me." Jerome mutters. "Do you plan on... Staying? Got anywhere else to be?" He asks hesitantly.

I shake my head. "If it's no trouble, staying would be nice."

Jason nods. "Then that's fine. Come on, Quentin was on breakfast, and he made French toast!"

I tilt my head curiously, but follow after the excited pair. I can already tell this is going to be a rough meal. I don't even know what we're having. French toast? What's that?

I walk along the empty hallway, peeking out a few towering windows. Apparently this is the second floor, where all of the generals stay. Jason wouldn't say that is room isn't here, But I know it's by the throne room, which I learned is on the top floor, the seventh floor.