Hehehe...

I may or may not have gotten bored and made an Avengers Soulmate AU for Loki... So enjoy this little red string snippet...

Blindly Following~

A man with jet black hair and emerald green eyes sits on a couch, twirling a pen in his hand absently. His attire is definitely extravagant, and more medieval themed than anything else. It has gold, black, and varying shades of green, and is styled like a set of armour. His weapon, however, was always confiscated from him anytime he walked in the building.

He glances through the window, watching the large "A" sign as he ignores the bickering around him. The floor he is on is very high up, but it's the top floor, so he expects as much. This is Stark Towers, now called Avengers Towers, and the building had to be at least 60 floors. He could see the tops of all of the surrounding buildings, and even some of the reconstruction still going on further away.

He winced.

Yes, that was his fault.

But what can he say? He already did it, and he can't take it back. Sure, he might sort of regret trying to take over the earth with an alien army, but he can't stop the fact that he did it already. So he tries, every so often, to pitch in to society somehow. His punishment for his actions was to be stripped of his superior strength and invulnerability, and be cast to earth, so he might as while be useful every once and a while.

Now that he considers it, the idea was rather stupid. Sure, take the man- because that was all he was now- who tried to conquer the earth, strip him of superior capabilities, and then make him walk with what he hates. How did they expect him to not cause trouble?

Well, he hadn't caused trouble, but that isn't the point.

He is Loki Laufey-Odin-Son (Yes, he finally accepted the Odin part), and yet they sent him away from his realm in space, to this puny planet with its usually-puny-people? They took everything but his magic from him, and even that was diminished to illusions and travel magic. He can't do healing or damaging magic, and he can't hold an extensive illusion for more than a half hour.

"-not even really listening, I'm telling you." A voice whines. Loki rolls his eyes, letting them trail back to the abundance of annoyance that currently inhabits his space.

The man is wearing a black workout stretch suit, sort of, at least. In the center of his chest is some type of glowing technology, but all Loki payed attention to was that he shouldn't rip it out. Not that the man might die, but that Loki would face much harsher consequences if he did. So, he doesn't touch the annoying man with the goatee and brown eyes.

"No Tony, I was not listening. I won't get one, so there is no need to explain it to me." Loki spits, making the pen disappear before reappearing on a counter nearby.

"Brother, I have one. I see no reason you would not." Thor admonishes, holding up his wrist for emphasis. Tied around it is a small, thin, red string. The other end stretches straight through the wall and into the city below, shimmering in and out of existence occasionally. After one has had a string for a while, they can will it in and out of existence.

Not that Loki needs to know, because he won't get one.

"Do not forget that you and I are different beings, Thor." Loki reminds him, removing the only type of illusion simple enough for him to constantly keep up. His skin flashes blue, and his eyes red, before he abruptly casts the illusion again and he appears normal.

"Can you stop doing that? It's creepy." Another man sighs, leaning back dramatically in his chair. His blonde hair, which has grown a bit longer over time, flops over his head. He rolls his blue eyes, before raising a finger upwards, or down at the ground Do to his position. "Actually, you're creepy in general." He snickers.