minhyuk | ice cubes

Hi guys :') I've decided to edit this one and a few of my earlier fics :)))

You lazily stared at the idiot that was your brother Hyungwon's best friend, Minhyuk from the couch next to him. The kdrama running was one that he chose, which is probably why you weren't watching it, actually.

You really despised him, hated him with a burning passion - like whenever you saw him - his irritating, attractive, smug face and annoyingly addictive voice and utterly unachievable level of perfectness would just make you feel like spiders were crawling under your skin.

You could say that it was obvious he hated you too, so you guys were basically equal there.

You physically gagged when his fingers reached up to card through his bleached blonde strands of hair, that still managed to look gorgeous, despite the absurd amount of times he's dyed and bleached the shit out of it.

You stood up, Hyungwon and Minhyuk's attention immediately going to you, "Where are you going?" Blonde bitch queried.

"I'm going to get a drink, if you must know." You were tempted to roll your eyes and emphasize your utter hate for the man, but decided against anything too obvious. He knew though, which was probably why he was smirking to himself.

Your feet carried you to the sink in the adjacent kitchen, where you stopped next to the water filter.

You heard Minhyuk's muffled voice from your area, and tried to act careless at his words. "I'm gonna get a snack, 'be right back." That made you uneasy.

He trudged into the kitchen some seconds later, snatching a gorgeous looking apple THAT YOU BOUGHT, and chucking it into the air like an idiot.

He took the time you were distracted to eye you curiously as you struggled to open the freezer to get ice cubes.

Well, water needs to be cold to be adequately drinkable, right?

The magnet on the door of the freezer started to play up, as usual. You needed to be firm but gentle to open it, but with Minhyuk now merely a few inches away from you as he approached you, it was nearly impossible to open that darn thing.

"Do you need a hand?" He asked, you stiffened at the heat of his upper body so close to you.

A short reply came from you as the door finally swung open and your perfectly arranged lemon-mint ice cubes were stacked in trays on the top shelf. "No." You grabbed one tray of five ice cubes.

He continued to watch you as you kicked the door closed, before double checking it actually shut and made your way to put the tray down.

"You like staring don't you?" Your careless voice broke the silence, realising you guys still hadn't made eye-contact yet.

"I'm making sure you don't hurt yourself." He leaned on the counter, shrugging.

"Well that's nice of you." You answered back in a tired-like sarcasm, plopping two ice cubes into your own glass.

"Can you make me a drink?" He asked, more politely than you've ever seen him be.

"Make yourself one," for some reason, you felt a twinge of guilt in your chest.

He sighed, grabbing a glass and just pouring water in. You watched him.

"You don't want an ice cube?" This was the first time you'd properly looked at him, but he wasn't breaking the sudden interest he had with the white wall next to him.

That made you feel even more guilt. "They're yours, I wasn't going to take what wasn't mine anyway."

"No, no, you can-uh h-have some?" You stuttered, but he didn't seem to notice much.

Struggling again, this time to get the ice cubes themselves out of the tray mold, you huffed.

He stepped even closer when he saw you grab a knife from the corner of his eye. You needed the slightly murderous-looking tool to get the cubes out.

You dug the sharp end into one cube and tried to prise it from the side.

"I can do that for you," he affirmed.

"No, i-ow." The knife slipped from the cube to your hand and dived down, clattering on the counter. You squeezed the finger that began to bleed excessively from the fresh cut it just got.

"Guys, is everything okay?" Hyungwon yelled from the room.

"Yeah! It's okay!" You yelled back, shaking a little.

"Well you're doing a great job of making sure I don't hurt myself." He rolled his eyes at your statement.

Minhyuk quickly pulled you towards the kitchen sink, worry embellished on his undeniably handsome face.

"I told you I'd do it, stubborn idiot." The tap turned on to cold water and you grimaced when he pushed your injured hand into it.

A few seconds later, which felt like years, he took your hand, dried it with a paper towel and took a random band aid / plaster out from his pocket.

Why he had that in there, you didn't know.

He then did something that took you utterly by surprise. He kissed it. Minhyuk pecked your finger, still holding your other hand. "It heals faster."

You gasped but spoke nevertheless. "Thank you."

His face was surprisingly blank after the ordeal.

You didn't understand - He used to be so horrible and smug and bitchy...what's changed these past months?

He spoke up again, "I know you're wondering why I'm so nice all of a sudden. It's out of character, I know. It's because...um... uh-no, what's the point in telling you, you hate me now anyway." He scratched the nape of his neck his shame.

"No, tell me." You straightened.

"I...liked you...I still do," he admitted.

"No you don't," you shook your head.

"It's hard to believe even for me, but I do." You couldn't tell if that was an insult or if he was genuinely making a  point.

You deliberated yoir question. "Why?"

"Y/N!" He whined, pouting at you. Yup, this was extremely out of character.

"Tell me."

"You're savage, and pretty and kind and nice and smart and everything in between." He pressed.

"Woah," you laughed. "I need some time to process this."

"Yeah, sure, that's cool, whatever." He shrugged and you chuckled at his adorableness.

He froze and smiled when you muttered, "Aw, you're so cute."

End of newly edited version!!!