kihyun | it was a mistake pt 2

Thanks CatelynnCrazy4Ten for the request! I kind of decided to dedicate this one for you as I was planning to write it before 😊 Sorry for being so tardy with these but I wasn't expecting so many requests in such a short period of time. I've also been away from home so it's been hard to write much especially when I have writer's block 😅

Enjoy!!

You hadn't planned to stay out this long. It was kind of spontaneous, and you didn't mean to make anyone worry or anything.

It was 1am (really fricken early, yes) and you sat in the 7/11 convenience store that was next to your apartment in Gangnam. Kihyun had called you 23 times and you hadn't picked up. You didn't feel up to talking yet.

You were just finishing up the notebook with all the song lyrics you remembered, all the quotes you memorized and all the little notes he wrote inside. You made it cute but adequately serious for a man like him.

Then, the final piece of washi tape - and you were done.

You'd gone through a large cup ramen and a two banana uyoos when he called you again.

You eyed the screen as it flashed. You decided against changing the caller ID or blocking him because it was a little too painful to do.

Should you pick up? What if it'll be awkward?

You were sure he just wanted to shout at you more but decided to pick up nevertheless.

Kihyunnieee 😚😊

You clicked on the green button and he was already yelling, so you moved the device a few inches away from your ear until he'd calmed down.

"Hello?"

"Y/N, WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU - I'VE CALLED YOU TWO DOZEN TIMES, DID YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS?" He started to sob through the phone.

"I'm okay," you whispered. "Seriously."

He was breathing heavily and his voice was laced with panic. "Where are you? I'll come and pick you up I-"

"Kihyun." You interrupted him, gazing through the window with tired eyes. "I'm fine. You don't need to pick me up."

"You're not at a safe place are you? - I can hear the cars and I can hear the beeping." He paused. "You're at the 7/11, aren't you?"

You paused and he immediately hung up.

Your heart was beating a million times a minute and after that mini ordeal, you just began to stare out the window. A few minutes passed and something in you snapped. You realized he was definitely going to come looking for you.

You weren't scared of him, it was just an awkward situation you didn't necessarily want to be in.

You hurried to grab your stuff from the white table in the store before the bell jingled and Kihyun appeared in front of the glass door, inside the shop. He was sporting a black hoodie, black joggers and a black mask.

You faced him, eyes wide like saucers, and you flinched as he tried to come towards you. The new notebook you'd been preparing was safely hidden behind your back.

The 20-something year old woman behind the till watched in curiosity, definitely considering whether or not she should press the red alarm button as the scene obviously looked weird and more suspicious as it unfolded.

He slipped the mask off his face and tucked it jaw to jaw before approaching you with two quick strides. He looked like he'd gone through hell and back - and you probably did too. "Y/N - I'm sorry, I shouldn't have shouted at you, it was a dick thing to do, please don't be scared of me, baby." His hands reached out, almost surrendering.

He was shaking, obviously scared that he'd frightened you. In reality he'd never hurt you and he regretted ever doing what he did earlier that day.

"Hamgom-" you looked at your feet, "Kihyun. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." You looked up at him and reached out the hand with the notebook.

He tried to smile, but he couldn't hold it - until he saw what you had.

"What's this?" He came closer, gripping the book between his fingers.

The spine was a beautiful brown and it had engraved flowers and swirls on it that you couldn't help but trace when you were writing out the lyrics.

"I made you a book, it has the lyrics you wrote, the quotes too - I tried to copy your handwriting but that kinda failed so, yeah uh-" you didn't notice yourself crying, but you were.

He flipped through the pages and looked at you absolutely amazed. He was almost confused and began to question why the hell he thought he had the authority to raise his voice at such a beautiful and loving creature such as yourself.

"I-" his eyes held only love for you as you shook your head.

"Don't say anything," you took your bag, wiping your tears again. "Take it as a break-up gift, or just a token of respect."

He stopped you from moving by wrapping his arms tightly around you, as if he'd lose you if he let go. "Baby, I love you so much. Y/N, you mean the world to me, and this just made me fall completely and utterly head-over-heels in love with you, all over again." He dug his face into your neck. "Let's not break up, please," he sniffled. "It's been hard for the both of us recently, I know - you constantly having job interviews and me having to film music videos and then go on tour and prepare everything. It's been difficult. But we can get through this if we stick together. I need you and I hope you need me too." He then lifted his head and started to sob uncontrollably, you didn't know whether it was of happiness or sadness - or something in between but you were both feeling the same way.

It was amazing how well you two understood each other, and got on without a problem.

"My baby Hamgom-" you chuckled at his cute crying face. "I love you to the Ghost Nebula and back," you planted a kiss on his nose.

His face scrunched up in a cringe, still shaking from the minor breakdown.

"Can we go home now?" He asked, "Do you feel safe baby?" You bear hugged him and his voice cracked as he spoke. "I have cheesecake at home, and we can sit and cry together, and watch The Excorcist."

You laughed and pulled each other out of the shop. "Let's go home."

🍋

Thanks again for your patience guys, really means a lot for beans like me :)

P.S this is like low key my favorite one, not gonna lie - not only because I stan Hamgom (his Gom plushie) with my toes and titties but I just genuinely like that last line Kihyun says 😊