hyungwon | two broken hearts

word count: 1k

genre: angst • fluff • collage au???

pairing: roommate!hyungwon × fem!reader

warnings: cringe • flirty hyungwon • jimin is my man but he's a bad man for playing with your feelings :(

summary: after many ups and downs in your relationship with Jimin, Hyungwon steps in to help you forget about the man who tore your heart to shreds from the beginning. however, Hyungwon couldn't be more smitten by you.

•|•

You were okay.

...at least that's what you convinced yourself after Jimin confessed he'd just dated you for three months as a dare.

All the measly text read was 'im breaking up w/ u cause dating u was a dare'. You were tempted to correct the douche on his punctuation but decided against it.

All you replied was 'okay ' and the next day he was curious as to why you weren't having a breakdown or some sort of tachycardia. You then had to blatantly lie that you never liked him and dated him cause it was fun - however on the inside you were bawling your eyes out.

You cried every time you made it back home and your room mate Hyungwon took his prescious time to calm you down every day.

Whatta man, Hyungwon.

"Hey, babes~" his overly excited rumble of a voice came from the kitchen as he skipped over to where you were.

"Hey, Wonnie-" you were interrupted by the man himself.

"You know what today is, right?" He asked.

"Thursday?"

He sighed, shaking his head. "Yes, and?"

"It's raining?"

"Yes, and no - It's cuddle Hyungwon day!" He gave you a wink and you had to back track to actually verify that he'd just done that.

You see, Hyungwon wasn't the winking type - that was more Wonho and his sneaky glances. Seeing the skinny man do such a gesture was like seeing Minhyuk not laugh like a squealing dolphin - it never happened!

"Did you just wink at me?" Your bewilderment was evident when you reached to press the back of your hand to his forehead, "Are you sick?"

He raised a brow, making you drop you hand and clicked his tongue. "Yes, why - does that get you all hot and bothered?" With a smirk he leaned closer.

You abruptly turned your head to face away from him. "No. I'm just not in the mood to be honest."

"What's up?"

"It's Jimin." You sighed

"That asshole's in your head...again?"

"He's my ex, he's bound to be in my head."

"Well he shouldn't be," the boy sighed. "He doesn't deserve to spend every minute of the day in that cute lil' head of yours." He flicked your forehead with a grin. You blinked at him, the odd curse word slipping from your lips.

"Ouch, you bitch!" You laughed at him.

"Boo, you whore." He stuck his tongue out at you and you rolled your eyes.

You spent the day sitting in front of the TV with Hyungwon admiring you from your side. You didn't seem to notice the fond smile his lips were pulled into, the way his nose crinkled whenever he noticed you fidget.

He did notice, however, how gorgeous you looked in the dim whisps of city lights through the windows in the room.

He almost came close to admitting his feelings for you after your talk about Jimin, but decided against it. Your heart was broken and it hurt him to see you suffer so much. He didn't want to be the distraction, the rebound. He wanted something real with you, and if he was going to get it, he'd need to be patient.

Like now.

"Hey, Y/N." You turned to him with a smile, him returning a sheepish one before he shook his head, almost shaking himself back to reality. "You know you can talk to me about Jimin, right?"

"I know." You sighed, gaze moving to a blinking light in the distance of the Seoul landscape outside the window, you head resting on Hyungwon's shoulder.

His voice was quiet, so quiet in fact that you thought you'd misheard him. "What did he do to you that hurt you so much?"

You pressed your lips into a thin line before letting out another puff of air. "He broke me."

His soft hand slowly moved your head to lean comfortably on his chest as the movie you were watching ran in the background.

His fingers stroked your head, almost massaging and caressing you. "If you don't mind me asking, how did he do that?"

"He pretended to like me. He said he dated me as a dare, he said our relationship was like an elementary school relationship and he never liked me in the first place." You gulped audibly, trying to hold back from bawling your eyes out. "He cheated too, but that's not the issue."

"Y/N. It's all an issue. You don't deserve to be treated that way." Then he muttered something like I would have treated you so much better.

You pursed your lips. "But I'm okay. I know now that I'm ready to move on. He messaged me? So what?" You smirked.

He paused his gentle movements. "What do you mean?"

"I mean what I said. I'm ready to move onto something different. It's been a long time, and when I'm with you I feel so much better."

A chuckle came from him as he circled his arms around you. "So you wanna hang out with me like all the time?"

"Honey, I would die in the same grave as you." Noticing his heartbeat increase, you smiled looking up at him.

He shattered the brief silence with a stupid remark. "That's fucking creepy."

"Ha-ha, you know you love me. " You poked his chest, eyeing him whimsically.

"I do, I do." He nodded, lips in a pout.

"Oh god what am I gonna do with you..." A laugh escaped you.

"Love me back!"

Your eyes settled on his as you neared him. "I love you, Hyungwon."

He gulped visibly, glancing down at your lips, but before he could do anything, you chuckled and moved back to your earlier position.

He looked down meekly before smiling a little.

He guessed he had to wait a little longer.

•••

I'm literally running out of excuses for not updating. Emergency surgery? Yeah. But also the fact that I'm stressed as FUCK for my upcoming exams. But I will do well on them, I promise!