Chapter Three.

Reader's POV:

I woke up, and did my morning routine. I got the children up, helped them get ready for today, then we all went down to breakfast. We were eating scrambled eggs on toast, with fruit, apple juice, and orange juice. Simon came bounding down the stairs holding a letter.

"I got a letter last night from Great Aunt Adelaide saying that she will be here this afternoon to discuss our problem." He stated, waving the letter.

We all dropped whatever we had in our hands, me included.

"What!" Simon and Colin said in unison.

"I don't like her, she's annoying!" Tatiana exclaimed.

"And scary!" Zaira added.

"And old!" Liam grumbled.

"And ugly." Ophelia muttered.

I opened my mouth to defend Great Aunt Adelaide, but I realised that what they were trying is true.

"I'm sorry Simon, but what the children are saying is true, even you and I know that." I stated, and he nodded.

"But you'll all be on your best behaviour, children. Nanny Johnson will make sure of that, won't you?" He proclaimed.

"Yes, I'll make sure that the children are well behaved while I am here, but I'm sure that you remember that today is Sunday." I replied, and Simon went pale, then walked back upstairs.

The children and I finished our breakfast in silence, then we brushed our teeth, and I helped them put on their best clothes.

"I don't like my best clothes. They're itchy." Zaira mumbled as I did her hair.

"I know darling, but you have to wear them to make yourselves suitable in the eyes of Great Aunt Adelaide." I replied, and she nodded, then put on a flower crown as I finished her fishtails.

"Stand next to each other so I can see how you all look." I lightly commanded, and the children were standing shoulder to shoulder, from youngest to oldest: Zaira, Liam, Ophelia, Tatiana, Colin, and Thomas.

My two were standing off to the side, they were going to stay here to make sure the Brown children behaved.

"Thomas, your hair needs to be combed again, Colin, your shirt has a thread hanging from it, Ophelia your shoelaces need to be tied properly, Liam your glasses need cleaning and are lopsided, Tatiana you have some hair caught in the chain of your necklace, Zaira help your sister with that." I said, and the children nodded, then fixed themselves up.

I noticed that Tatiana's necklace looked like Stephelia's.

"Tatiana, was that Stephelia's necklace?" I questioned Tatiana, then everyone stopped what they were doing, and looked at me

"Yes it was her necklace. How did you know our Mother's name?" Thomas responded.