Chapter Seven.

12/12/1830.
8 days until the wedding.
Reader's POV:

I woke up, and got ready for the day, with the help of Belle, of course. I was wearing one of Simon's shirts again, this time paired with a pair of sweatpants and socks. All of us had breakfast in our room again. They brought the dining table and chairs up here, so they could eat at a proper table instead of the ottoman and the bay window seat. They placed the table in front of the fire, which was roaring, thank goodness. We'd freeze if it wasn't.

When we were sitting down at our tables chatting (I was using a tray as I laid in bed), we heard a carriage pull up at the front. I looked at Simon excitedly, and he nodded. He got up and ran outside.

Simon's POV:

"Zaira! I've missed you so much, darling!" I exclaimed as I spun around with her in my arms.

"ZAIRA!" The other children yell as they ran to us.

I put Zaira down and watched her run over to her siblings.

I smiled at the sight, then remembered that (Y/N) was still upstairs in bed. Tatiana put Zaira on her hip and walked inside. I heard someone clear their throat. I spun around, and Great Aunt Adelaide was standing there. She nodded at me, then I returned the gesture.

"Where's (Y/N)? I have a gift for her." She stated.

"She's upstairs, in my room, resting. She has typhoid fever." I told her, and she gasped.

"Take me to her right now!" Aunt Adelaide demanded.

I nodded, then we walked to my room. As we walked I told her how (Y/N) had disciplined the children. When we walked into my room Zaira was on one side ( Y/N) and snuggled up to her, while Charlotte was on the other side snuggled in. The older children were in the bed too Tatiana, Thomas and Endellion were on Zaira' side, then Ophelia, Colin and Liam on Charlotte's side, and the lot of them were talking.

"Hello Great Aunt Adelaide." (Y/N) greeted with a smile, and Aunt Adelaide gasped.

She started spluttering.

"A doctor managed to fix my mutism. Wonderful, isn't it?" (Y/N) asked her excitedly, making me grin at her.

Aunt Adelaide quickly regained her composure and smiled softly at (Y/N), "I've heard that you're sick, my darling. I give you my love. Get well soon, dearie."

"Now children, I'll give you all another ten minutes with your Stepmother. After that, her, Simon, and I see going to plan for the wedding." Aunt Adelaide declared, then the kids nodded.

Aunt Adelaide turned to me.

"Now Simon my boy, where is the phone? I must make a call to the Duchess of Kent and tell her the good news." Aunt Adelaide stated, and I nodded.

I looked over to (Y/N), and saw that she was hiding her face with her arm. She was probably blushing. I took Aunt Adelaide downstairs to the phone, and let her call the Duchess. When she told the Duchess that (Y/N) and I were getting married, I heard the Duchess say 'Soulmates, we knew that from the start!'

I chuckled. I felt two little arms around my waist. Zaira. I picked her up and put her on my waist.

"Papa, who's the flower girl for the wedding?" She asked me. I grinned at her.

"You and Charlotte are the flower girls and Liam is the ring bearer." I told her, booping her nose at the start of my sentence.

She wriggled out of my arms and ran back upstairs. When Aunt Adelaide finished her phone call, her and I went back upstairs.