↝8

"And that is how Jack broke my nose

"And that is how Jack broke my nose." Ayla concludes as I laugh wholeheartedly at the story she just told.

Currently, we're sitting on a nice spot outside the cafeteria, the sun shining brightly down on us.

This is my fourth day being in King Grey, and so far, it has heen going quite well.

I get along very well with Ayla, Jack and Malcom and it seems that their feelings are mutual towards me. We've hung out after school everyday this week, they even took me to where they hold their band prsatices.

They day after I interrogated Finn about not telling me about his band, I told my new found friends that Finn and I am dm'ing each other. They didn't seem suprised, Malcom explaining that they know about me, and that Finn never stop talking about me, which flattered me, I haf butterflies the entire day.

Ayla also explained that once she saw me,she instantly made the connection that I'm the Madilyn Smith, as she put it, and that's why she immediately befriended me.

"So,change in topic, Finn is coming Sunday." Jack announces and my hesrt skips a beat at Finn's name. I nod at his words, "We haven't seen him in like, what? Two months." Ayla announces and I widen my eyes at how long Finn has been gone.

The thought of Finn coming on Sunday scares me. I've never met him, I've never had the chance. I mean, all of this still seems so unrealistic, me talking to him, having the same friends as him. What scares me the most though is what if when he sees me, he won't like me? I mean, sure, we dm each other every day, I've learned the basics about him like I know his favourite color is blue and that he loves horror movies, but still, I don't know how he's like in person, we've only communicated through social media, when I need to communiaste with someone, especially Finn, in real life, I will propably get really awkward and then ruin our friendship.

"Maddie, did you hear me?" Ayla waves a hand in front of my face as I snap my head towards her.

"Uh-sorry, what?"

"I asked if you're going with us to pick Finn up at the airport on Sunday?" I raise my eyebrows, my eyes widening slightly. "Uh-I don't know." I quietly reply, "C'mon, Finn will want you there." Jack encourages as I shrug.

"I'll see." Is all I tell them, too scared to elaborate on my thoughts of meeting Finn.

In a matter of seconds, the bell rings, signaling end of break.

I quickly scurry to my feet, grabbing my bag, bidding my friends goodbye as I make my way towards my History class.

↝↝↝

"How was your day at school honey?" My mother questionsn, chewing on a piece of chicken she had made as I play with my food at the dinner table, "uh-it was good." I mumble, my mind wandering towards Finn. Sunday is still a few days away. He has mentioned that he's coming, but he hasn't asked if I wanted to meet him at the airport. Ayla, Jack and Malcom wants me to come, but what if Finn doesn't want me to come? Should I take a chance and suprise him? But what if h-

"Honey, did you hear what we said?" My father interrupts my thoughts as I whip my head towards him. "What?"

"We're going to Chicago for a few days, for work, will you be okay on your own?" I nod immediately, "how long is a few days?"

"Two weeks." My mother replies, her eyes hopeful that I say I will be fine on my own.

"Oh, yea, I'll be fine." I tell her, nodding at my father to give approvement.

I don't minds them leaving, they're always away. They have attended three of my birthday parties which I remember, the rest I had to spend either alone or Noelle, Ron and Jake would join me. So, them going away isn't a new thing. I'm used to it.

Then silence follows, and after I finished eating, I make my way to my room, shouting a goodnight to my parents as I plop myself down on my bed, grabbing my phone.

2 unread messages from Noelle🐛

1 unread message from Jakie🐣

1 direct message from Finnwolfhardofficial

Ignoring Noelle and Jake's messages, I quickly log into Instagram, entering Finn's dm.

finnwolfhardofficial: guEsS wHaT

itsmaddie: wHaT

finnwolfhardofficial: it's almost sunday

itsmaddie: oh yes, Sunday is whem the great Finn Wolfhard returns to Vancouver

finnwolfhardofficial: you are correct

finnwolfhardofficial: I was meaning to ask you...

finnwolfhardofficial: would you like to go to the airport on Sunday with Ayla and Jack and Malcom, and my parents ofc? If you don't want to I totally understand, I just thought maybe you'd want to idk

itsmaddie: Ayla already invited me

finnwolfhardofficial: oh

itsmaddie: i didn't know if you would want me to come..but now that you asked..ofc I'll be there

finnwolfhardofficial: really?

itsmaddie: really

finnwolfhardofficial: maybe that can be our always

itsmaddie: slow down there finny, we haven't reached that level on our friendship yet

itsmaddie: jk, it can be our always 💚

finnwolfhardofficial: really?

itsmaddie: really.

-

A/n

They meet in the next chap yayyyyy

Thanks for reading xxxx

//unedited//