↝29

THE SECONDS ticked by agonisingly slowas I stood in front of Finn's hotel room door.

I have no idea what the article is about, I decided against searching it up, rather taking Millie's advice on lettin Finn tell me.
I'm sure it is not that big of a deal, and I'm sure whatever it is, I can hadle it.

Finally, after what feels like hours, the or flings open.

Finn Wolfhard stands there in all his glory, his curly hair slightly messy, which I find extremely adorable. An instant smile spreads on his lips, and I can't help but return it.

He opens the door wider, letting me enter, him closing it behind us.

"I'm guessing you saw the article?" Finn breaks the silence, taking a seat on the comfortable hotel bed, patting the spot next to him.

I grin lightly, placing myself next to him, our shoulders touching, which causes the butterflies in my stomach to go wild.

"Actually, no. Uh- Millie suggested that I talk to you first before reading it."

Finn runs a hand through his mop of hair, "well," he hesitates, biting his lower lip, "E news basically thinks we're dating, they uh- somehow got some pictures of us together."

"Oh." I had assumed it to be something worse. I know that Finn, being a huge celebrity, has little to no privacy when it comes to his personal life. I knew that it would only be a matter of time before something like this happens, so the news isn't unexpected.

"How do you feel about the article?" I mumble out, fingers fiddling with one another.

In all honesty, I've been wanting to ask Finn what is going on between us. Since we went on our first date, the question has been bugging me uncontrollably.

With this article, maybe I can finally find out if Finn actually wants go out with me.

"I don't know," he sighs, "I mean, I hate the fact that they are investing in my private life and I also know that it makes you uncomfortable to be the headline of E news."

It is true. I hate having the spotlight and attention on me and it amazes me how well Finn actually knows me.

"It's okay, we'll just straight things out, you can maybe post something on Instagram to tell them we're not dating."

I feel a pang in my chest at my own words, Finn's head shooting up immediately, a frown creeping upon his features.

"Don't you wanna' like- uh- do you want to date?" The nervousness of Finn radiates throughout the entire room, "I do- I just, I don't know if you want to."

Finn takes a few second to think over thr question, his hand resting on his shaking knee.

"I do, I really like you Maddie, but I don't want to ask you out yet. I want it to be special."

Screw the butterflies. It feels as if an entire zoo is stomping around in my stomach, a giddy kind of excitement bubbling up in me.

Deciding to take the initiative, I place my hand on Finn's, interwining our fingers.

"I really like you too." I press a kiss to his cheek, my face burning red as Finn smiles widely.

"On another note, I actually do want to ask you something."
I perk up at this, urging him to continue, "the Golden Globes are coming up, and I know you have to go back to Vancouver soon, but I was thinking maybe, if you'd like, you can attend it with me? And then after that we can fly back together to Vancouver?"

A wide grin appears on my features, me almost squealing, but I, luckily, control myself.

"Of course, it'd be an honour."

Finn sends me a cheesy smile, now leaning in, and when his lips latches onto mine, I can't help but melt.

This boy, I swear he's going to be the death of me.

-
a/n

I apologize for the short chapter djskskmjdksw

anyhow, I am going to update a lot on this book XD bc I'm hella inspired

Hope you guys enjoyed 🐛