↝23

STARING OUT the window, I sigh silently, my hands wrapped firmly around the mug filled with hot chocolate

After running out of the hotel, I didn't even think on where I was going to go, but somehow I ended up in this cute little cafe.

It isn't busy, at all, there are only two other people here, and I'm glad that it isn't over crowded.

I need time to think. To get my emotions in control.

I had been crying, my eyes slightly red, even though I tried to hold in the tears, but it was still no use.

"Would you like another one?" My head snaps to the waitress, her blue eyes holding sympathy as she gives me a light hearted smile.

I only nod, her leaving me alone with my thoughts once again, and after a few more minutes, she returns with a steaming cup of hot chocolate.

My mind wanders back to Finn. I never knew that a crush could escelate this much, that it would be able to control my entire being.

My heart aches, it feels as if it has been split in half.

To be honest, I don't even know why I'm so sad. I guess the thought of Finn inviting Iris to L.A. with him is messing with my mind.

I have somehow convinced myself that he does like Iris Apatow. That he got over his liking toward me, moving on to her.

Though, somehow, there is still a little hope in my heart. Hope that he still likes me and that he doesn't think about Iris in that way.

My thoughts drift into air when the bell of the cafe sounds, signaling someone entering.

I turn, looking toward the door, my eyes beginning to slightly water at the sight of a tall-ish boy, a hood over his head, though I immediately recognize his brown eyes, the soft color making my stomach explode.

His eyes are focused on me, his facial expression serious as he immediately makes his way over to where I am sat, him sliding into the booth seated opposite me.

He pulls the hood off, his mop of curly hair springing to life as he clasps his hands in front of him.

For a few seconds, it's silent, me stsring at my cup of hot chocolate, feeling Finn's gaze on me.

"Maddie." He whispers silently, his voice gentle, as if he's afraid to talk any louder.

I don't look at him, ignoring him, wiping some of the tears, that had made it's way out of my eyelids, from my cheeks.

"Please, just look at me."

With a silently sigh, I raise my head slightly, my vision blurry, but I can still see the beautiful sight that is Finn Wolfhard.

I sniffle slightly, shaking my head at him, "why are you here?"

"Why do you think?"

The question is rhetorical. It's obvious as to why he's here, he wants to check if I'm okay after my outburst.

"Iris told me, you know, about what happened at the party, about what she said to you." My eyes immediately meet his concerning gaze, my breath catching in my throat.

"She told me those mean things she said to you, she said she knew I'd find out one way or another and that it'd be better if it came from her." He rants, explaining, his voice still silent.

"I'm sorry Maddie, Iris can be a handful sometime and I ju-"

"Why are you sorry." I cut him short, my voice slightly dry, wiping at the remaining tears on my cheeks.

"I don't know," he breathes out, running a hand through his curly hair, "I didn't listen when you tried to tell me what happened, I shut you out and for that I'm sorry."

His apology is so sincere, I have to restrain myself from jumping from my seat to kiss him.

"I'm sorry too. For you know, kissing Jake and for being a total brat." Finn laughs slightly at the last part, shaking his head, "you're not a brat Maddie."

I roll my eyes playfully, my tears subsiding completely, my heart feeling a tad lighter.

"You don't like Iris? In that way?" Finn grins, looking as if he's trying to keep in his laughter as I raise an eyebrow at him, "no, god no, we're. . .friends, I guess." He shrugs, no sign of his words being false which makes my heart jump.

"Why did you invite her then?" Finn frowns, his eyes calculating, thinking over the question, "I didn't invite her. She invited herself. She had an audition and well, she basically invited herself to stay at the suite with us."

"Oh." Is all I can muster.

Jesus, I feel so stupid right now.

I blew this entire situation out of proportion.

"I'm such an idiot." I mumble out, face palming as I groan, "you're not." Finn objects, seemingly serious.

"I mean, we never would've talked this out, Iris would've never admitted the truth, so you're not an idiot."

With a sigh, I slowly nod, his words making sense.

"Maddie, can I ask you something?" Finn searches my eyes, his hands twiddling with one another, telling me that he's nervous.

"Of course."

He runs a hand through his hair, biting his lip, "Well, I don't know if you've noticed, but I-uh-I kinda, not kinda' but actually- Jesus, this is hard." He breathes, rushing out his words, his eyes darting around the cafe, not meeting mine.

Contemplating whether or not I want to go through with this following action, I decide to do it, placing my hand on his.

Finn's eyes snap to our hands, seeming to relax slightly,

"It's okay." I mumble, interwining my fingers with his as he smiles at the gesture, it making my heart beat against my rib cage, butterflies rumbling around my stomach.

"Okay, so I-I like you, a lot, and well, I was uh-I was wondering if you'd want to, you know, go on uh- casual outing?"

"Like a date?" I laugh, grinning widely, my cheeks tinting red, "like a date." He confirms, his cheeks heating up, his eyes searching for an answer, him seeming nervous.

"Finn Wolfhard, of course I'd go on a date with you."

-
a/n

hope ya'll liked this chapter XD

Finn is so cuteeeee💕

I'm double updating today, so expect another update later on😏

Thoughts on this chapter?