↝19

"I'M GONNA' miss you so much

"I'M GONNA' miss you so much." I mumble into Noelle's shoulder, hugging her tighter as she copies my gesture, almost squeezing the life out of me.

"I'll come visit soon." She promises, pulling out of the hug, a small smile plastered on her face.

With a quiet sigh, she and Ron, who I already said my goodbyes too, make their way to the waiting area at the airport.

My eyes shift to Jake's,him looking slightly uneasy as he moves to stand next to me.

We haven't spoken since last night.

When I returned home after Finn and I's argument, I was in too much of a state to deal with Jake, though I guess I should try to make things right with him before he leaves.

"Jake, I really am sorry about last night." I quietly mumble, my gaze focused on the floor, "it's okay." He assures, but I can hear the sadness in his voice.

"I didn't mean to- ya' know, I just- I'm sorry, and I hope- I hope things between us will be okay someday." With that, my blue eyes meets his brown ones, all of his emotions visible, and it breaks my heart to see Jake sad.

"I hope so too." His voice is above a whisper, him running his hands through his curly hair.

Then, silence follows, and it's almost deafening, the awkwardness in the air visible.

"I'm gonna' go." I break the tension, Jake nodding.

I'm not sure if I should give him a hug, but before the thought can process my mind any further, Jake wraps his arms around in an awkward hug, me returning it though, and in a matter of seconds, we pull away.

My eyes lock with his hazel ones one last time before I spin on my heel, leaving Jake stranded in the middle of the airport as I quickly march away, not wanting to look back at Jake.

▪▪▪

That Sunday afternoon, I layed in my bed, watching sappy movies, a bucket of cookie dough ice cream next to me.

I decided that watching movies and eating unhealthy will make me feel better, but how wrong I was.

My mind keeps wandering back to Finn and the previous nights events, my heart breaking into a million pieces as I replay Finn's words over and over and over again in my mind.

'I never want to see you again.'

I'm not sure if he meant it, but by the looks of it, he sure dit.

I sniffle slightly, my eyes trained on Augustus Waters, as I try not to full on sob, not only do I want to cry about the sad movie, but also about Finn Wolfhard, the boy who's heart I broke.