↝13

I nervously tap on the wooden table, my eyes fixated on the clock at the front of the classroom

I nervously tap on the wooden table, my eyes fixated on the clock at the front of the classroom. In exactly one minute the bell should ring, signaling the end of school, and also the beginning of detention.

I am nervous as hell. I've never been in detention, ever, but if I didn't object to Miss Sanders then Finn would have to go alone to detention, and I would feel guilty because he took the blame first.

Finn said that he would wait outside my english class, where I am currently at, and then we would walk to detention together.

He doesn't seem to mind detention at all, I suspect he has been there a few times, but any normal teenager, except for me it seems, had to have detention before.

With one final tick on the clock, the bell rings, all of the students immediately scurrying up, in a hurry to get out of this hell hole.

I do the same, grabbing my books as I make my way outside, my head whipping left and right, trying to spot Finn, and after a few seconds I spot him, walking towards me with a small grin on his face.

"You ready for your first detention." He jokes, smiling widely at me as I return a small smile. "No." I flatly reply, "it won't be that bad, I promise." He tries to lighten the mood as the two of us start walking to Miss Sanders' class, where detention is held today.

"Friends don't lie." I grin up at him, "I see what you did there," he tells me, chuckling, "but I'm not lying, it'll be fine, it's just two hours."

Two freaking hours.

But at least Finn is there with me.

We walk the rest of the way in silence, me noticing Finn sneaking a couple of glances at me, though I don't make eye contact with him.

Once we reach the classroom, a few students are seated already. Finn opens the classroom door, letting me in first as I think him.

The both of us make our way towards the back of the classroom, Finn taking a seat besides me.

"See, it's not so bad." Finn whispers over to me, not wanting to disturb the other kids, even though they're also talking.

I nod, "yeah, I guess it's just the thought of having detention, I mean, the word itself scares me." Finn lets out a laugh at this as I can't help but smile, but soon our moment is cut short when Miss Sanders enters the classroom, her heels clicking on the floors as she takes a seat at her desk.

"You all know the rules," she starts, "no talking, no sending notes, no texting, you keep to yourself, and if any of you disturb me, you will get send to the principals office."

As she finishes speaking, she continues with her work, the rest of us all silent, me included as I take out my Chemistry homework, starting on the first question.

"Maddie." Finn calls me, as I gulp, Miss Sanders' words replaying in my head.

I slowly turn my head towards Finn, raising my eyebrows.

He evil-ly grins at me, placing down his pencil as he lifts up a paper with a drawing on it.

"This looks like Miss Sanders." He whisper, and even though this is so childish, I let out a loud laugh, unable to control it, Finn soon following as I clutch my stomach.

Our laughter is cut short when Miss Sanders speaks, her voice filled with fury as I gulp, shit.

"Wolfhard, Smith, principal's office. Now!"

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Fuck. Shit. Shit.

"Sorry Miss Sanders, it won't happen again." Finn apologizes, trying to get us out of this situation as he quickly hides the picture he drew. "It better not, but that doesn't make this situation right. Now, go to the principal's office." She sternly says, her blue eyes boring into mine as she speaks, the entire class' attention now on me and Finn.

"It was my fault Miss Sanders, Maddie din't do anything." Finn objects, him giving me a stern look, telling me to not object to his statement.

"I am not going to repeat myself again, both of you, get out of here." She doesn't seem to budge as I nod,packing up my things, Finn doing the same.

In a matter of seconds we're out of the classroom, me clutching my books to my chest as I bite my lip.

We're so screwed.

"Maddie, I'm so sorry." Finn apologizes, stopping dead in his tracks as I copy his actions, furrowing my eyebrows. "Finn, it's not your fault." I tell him gently, my eyes locking with his brown ones.

"It is, I mean if I-" I quickly cut him off, " Finn, it wasn't your fault, and to be honest, I don't mind getting send to the principal's office as long as you're with me." Finn seems to perk up at this, his body less tense as I give him a soft smile.
With that, the both of us make our way to the principal's office, me slightly nervous, but when Finn interwines his fingers with my own, I feel at ease, knowing that whatever happens, Finn Wolfhard will be with me every step of the way.

I'm just being dramatic now, but it's the truth.

-
A/n

I updated yeeet xD

Once again, a big shout out to AphmauFantasy
for giving me the idea for this story 😁
and for being an awesome internet friend
So go follow her✌😏

Thanks for reading everyone! Next chapter up soon