Chapter 10: Love or Lust

I stepped off the plane feeling groggily from a nonstop eleven hour flight. I was still upset that Kendall didn't call but who would blame her? I didn't try to reach out to her either so maybe I was just to blame. My mother practically embarrassed her and I didn't do as much as I could have. Instead, I let Kendall leave. I felt disgusting.

My partner, Henry, led us to the black Cadillac Escalade that was waiting for us close to the private jet. I slipped inside and sighed, resting my head against the seats. I just wanted to check into the hotel, sleep and talk to Kendall. But, I knew one of those things wouldn't happen.

* * * *

Kendall POV

"Did he say anything?" Danielle asked, furious.

I didn't understand why she was so angry. It's not like her boyfriend's parents were racists.

"I mean, he did, but I wanted him to put his arms around me and say 'I'm with her whether you like it or not mom' but of course that didn't happen. Life isn't a fairy-tale." I didn't realize how broken my voice sounded until I spoke. I hated being so vulnerable.

Danielle poured me a small glass of red wine. "Well, he can suck a dick."

I scoffed and took a small sip of the wine. "Way to be implicit."

She shrugged. "I don't like him Kendall. He hurts you way too much. I mean, why are you still with him?"

I asked myself that and sighed. "I love him."

She wrapped her arms around me and squeezed to comfort me. "Maybe it's time to move on? Date a black guy?"

I chuckled and hugged her back. Suddenly, Terrell walked in sporting nothing but basketball shorts. Him and Danielle had their fights, but I knew they loved each other even though they wouldn't admit it.

"Baby, the boys are coming over for the game, do you think you can whip us up something?" Terrell asked.

Danielle crossed her arms and smirked. "What the hell do I look like Terrell? A chef?"

He nodded. "Yup, now what are you gonna cook? Woman."

Danielle ran over to him and hit his chest. "I hate you so much."

They looked at each other, laughed and started kissing. I looked down and fidgeted with the zipper on my jeans. I heard Danielle giggling and I felt a pang of jealousy. When they were done being a cute couple Danielle opened the freezer and pulled out a frozen pack of wings.

"Kendall, do you want to stay and help me cook some hot wings for the game?"

I swallowed the sour taste that formed in my mouth and shook my head. "Nah, I'm just gonna head home."

Danielle tossed the wings on the counter and frowned at me. "Stop being upset. Stay and have fun. Eat wings, drink and watch the game."

Terrell walked over to me. "You look good Kendall."

I gave him a small smile and Danielle sighed. "Terrell, Kendall is having boy problems."

I glared at her. "Dani!"

Terrell chuckled and hopped up on the kitchen counter. "What's the problem?"

I shook my head. "Nothing."

"She likes a white boy, and his parents don't like her." Danielle said, smirking.

I gave her a death glare and Terrell looked surprised. "Little Kendall likes white boys?"

I groaned. "I'm leaving."

Danielle blocked the way out and crossed her arm. "No you aren't."

Terrell chuckled. "It's okay Kendall, one of my bros is white. He's coming over for the game, you could talk to him. Ask for advice."