Chapter 15: Time to Face Reality

The man of the hour stormed in and immediately Shane tensed up and grabbed my hand protectively. Amber followed a few seconds behind him and so did Shane's mother. Stephanie had her hands wrapped tightly around her father's arm preventing him from coming any closer.

"John what are you doing here?" Shane asked quietly.

Shane's father pointed his finger at me and pried Stephanie's hands off him. "Is this the nigger you're fucking?"

I flinched at his language and Shane glared at him. "Dad, do not come into my home and disrespect her."

The whole room was eerie quiet. Alexis had her hand rested on Michael's shoulder, they both were sitting down quietly. Amber was standing next to Shane's mother staring at me with evil eyes. Shane's mother had a look of regret washed all over her face, but she stood next to John nonetheless.

His father laughed. "Amber showed me the photos from the paparazzi. I can't believe you would be seen with her! I can't believe you would let her into your home, let her touch your things, let her use the same restroom, hell even sit in the same room! I'm disgusted!"

Shane shook his head at his father and I stood up next to Shane, my nerves were causing me to shake but I cleared my throat to speak. "With all do respect sir, I love your son."

John turned his gaze towards me and chuckled harshly. "Did I give you permission to speak nigger?"

Alexis stood up and slammed her fists on her thighs. "Dad!"

John glared at Alexis. "Shut up."

"Tell that nigger to leave right now or else." John warned.

Shane grabbed my hand. "She's not leaving dad."

John turned to his wife and Amber with a smirk written on his face. "You were right, she does have her nasty claws into him. Next thing you know he's gonna be listening to Tupac and shooting up neighborhoods."

I ignored his comments. I wouldn't let it affect me. He was ignorant and I wasn't.

John walked up to the kitchen table, took his arm and swiped all of the champagne glasses and bottles to the floor. They shattered with a bang causing everyone to jump. He pulled a white packet out of his jacket and smashed it on the table.

"Tell her to leave, or I burn it." John said staring at Shane.

Shane swallowed. "Dad, please. If you would just listen. Kendall is a respectful girl, you would love her."

He laughed. "I don't give a damn about her, now tell her to leave or I burn the contract."

Shane looked down at his future that was sat on the table and back at me. He swallowed again and sighed. "Dad, please."

John shrugged. "Whatever."

He pulled out a lighter and flicked it on. When he brought it to the contract a gasp escaped Shane's lips, but he didn't say anything. My eyes watched in horror as the contract caught fire and I put my hand up.

"Wait!"

John looked at me curiously before patting out the fire.

Shane looked down at me. "Kendall what-."

I stopped him. "Shane I can't let you lose your company over me. You've worked so hard for it."

He frowned. "I don't care about that. I care about you."

I shook my head. "You care a lot about the company. I know you do."

He didn't respond and I sighed. I knew this time would come, I just didn't think so soon. I knew what I had to do and if that meant breaking my own heart then so be it.