Chapter 13: Mixed Emotions

~ I've never done a dedication before but I'll dedicate this chapter to the users Zoopals & Minnie_99 for being active readers and always sharing their thoughts! :) ~

* * * *

I descended down my staircase and Danielle shook her head and gave me a disappointed look.

"What?" I said with an exasperated sigh before slapping my hands down to my thighs.

Danielle crossed her arms and looked me up and down. "Are you headed to the stripper convention?"

I rolled my eyes and strutted to my coat closet to grab my things, the black pumps I were wearing clicked with every step.

"Seriously Kendall I will not let you outside like that!" Danielle said as she followed behind me.

"Well you aren't my mother so I can go out looking however the hell I want to look like."

I grabbed my jacket and clutch purse from the closet before shutting it and heading back to the front door. Danielle raced to the door, blocking me from leaving and smirked. "You look like you're going to go stand on the corner downtown and give blow jobs to any man who walks by!"

"Wow Danielle thanks for being such a sweet friend!" I said with an eye roll, the fake eyelashes I put on practically touching the top of my cheeks.

She sighed. "Kendall I know you're upset about Shane but going to a random club at midnight isn't going to help you."

I glared at her. "You don't know anything Danielle. This is not about Shane, I want to go out and have a few drinks. I'll be back in an hour or two."

Even though I said it wasn't about Shane, I couldn't help the way my heart ached at the mention of his name. He had been calling and texting me non-stop. I hadn't replied, I was too upset to talk to him right now.

"Kendall look at what you're wearing and tell me this isn't about Shane."

I glanced down at my outfit. I was wearing a black booty skirt, with fishnet stockings and a skin-tight, baby blue belly shirt. My hair was bone straight, and my makeup was dark and smokey. The heels I were wearing could easily break an ankle.

"Every girl has an inner slut in them and I just want to go out and have fun Danielle. Stop being such a grandma." I said with a scoff.

"Fine! If you wanna have fun at least let me come. I'll be worried about you if you go out walking the streets alone looking like that." Danielle said, with an earnest expression.

"I'm a twenty five year old women. I'll be fine!" I pushed her out of the way and she grabbed my hand stopping me from leaving.

"Kendall please."

"I want to go alone Danielle. I'll text you when I get to the club!" My eyes glared at her and she sighed in defeat.

"Fine. But, don't forget to text me and call me when you leave."

I nodded and yanked open the door walking out into the cool night. When I was settled into my Lexus my iPhone buzzed and I pulled it out my clutch to see another text from Shane:

I miss you and I don't understand why you're ignoring my calls. Dammit woman, you're really pissing me off.

I rolled my eyes and tossed my phone on the dash before starting up the engine and speeding to the nearest highway exit.

* * * *

This place wasn't really my scene but who cares? I wanted to get a few drinks and maybe even meet a few guys. It wasn't like Shane wanted me anymore. He was going to marry Amber and I was just his little sex toy he could play with until his daddy came around. I was an embarrassment to him and I wasn't going to wallow in self pity. I loved my skin color and I couldn't change it; for him or for anybody.