Chapter 2: Welcome to the family

Twilight's POV:

   I heard the boys behind me complain and whine. One was talking about how he wanted a little sister and one was screaming at mister Wayne saying he needed to stop knocking girls up. I was confused about that, what did he mean?

   " Um...What do you mean by knocking girls up?" I asked, looking at the boy with white streaks in his hair. Everyone stopped yelling and talking and looked at me with wide eyes.

   "What, did I saying something wrong?" I asked, confused.

   After a minute mister Wayne bent down and smiled at me with his eyes locked on mine and asked what I meant when I said that I was his daughter.

   "It's like I said my name is Twilight Al Ghul and I'm your daughter, oh and before I forget I have a letter from my grandfather that he said I should give to you," I replied in a soft voice. I don't really know how to talk loud, I never needed to.

   He looked at the letter in my hands and took it from me. He opened it up and moved so mister Alfred could read as well. The boys were also trying to see the letter but mister Wayne moved it from their view, which made them complain even more.

   After a couple of minutes, both mister Alfred and mister Wayne looked at me with wide eyes and shocked looks on their faces. What was in that letter that made them look at me that way?

   The boys were in the corner whispering to each other and sometimes they looked over to me but went right back to whispering. I wanted to know was what was in that letter.  Maybe it has something to do with mom, if it does then I need to get it, but how? All of a sudden mister Wayne's voice cut off my thoughts.

    " Alfred and I are going to go up to the study to discuss this a little bit more."

   He looked at the boys and said in a voice that gave me shivers " Be nice". How can he look so nice but sound so mean and rough? The boys didn't even flinch which made me wonder, where they used to that voice? He looked at me and smiled, he then bent down again and said that he would be back in a couple of minutes.

   After mister Wayne and mister Alfred left the boys came up to me and the first one to speak was the boy who looked like aunt Thalia.

   "Why are you here?" he asked with a gruff voice that made me flinch. The other boys noticed this but didn't say anything to him.

   "To be completely honest I don't know" I stuttered out. My voice not going even above a whisper.

   "How can you not know why you're here?" He yelled. His voice was so loud that it made my ear's sting a little.

   This time the one I guess is the oldest spoke up. "Damian calm down and stop yelling at her, can't you see that your about to make her cry?"

   I went to go touch my eyes when I noticed that I was actually crying, which was something I haven't done in front of other people since mom died. Grandfather told me that crying in front of others is a sign of weakness so I have to express my emotions when I'm alone, where no one can see me so I don't seem weak.

   The oldest boy bent down and hugged me which surprised me.  Why is he being so nice? A few seconds later he let go of me and wiped my tears.

   "My name is Richard Grayson but you can call me Dick, those two are Jason Todd and Tim Drake and the little ball of hate is Damian." He told me their names and I looked at each of them when their names were called.

   Mister Richard seemed nice. He had deep blue eyes and jet black hair, he reminded me of mister Wayne. He also had an infectious smile.

   Mister Jason scared me a bit. He had green eyes and jet black hair. He had white streaks in his hair but just on the tip. He was taller than mister Richard. When he looked at me his eyes softened up a bit but not by much.

   Mister Tim was shorter than mister Jason, he had blue eyes and jet black hair like mister Richard. He looked deep in thought but when he looked at me he gave me a small smile.

   Then there was mister Damian, I feel like he doesn't like me at all. He looked a lot like aunt Talia and he looked like mister Wayne. His gaze did not soften when he looked at me and he scares me way more then mister Jason does.

   When I finished looking at them I sat back down and began swinging my feet."I honestly have no idea why I'm here, my grandfather only told me that I was not safe with him and that I needed to go live with my father. It's not like I wanted to come here."

   "So did you know Bruce was your father?" Mister Tim asked.

   "No, I didn't, I only found out yesterday morning after finding out I was leaving home. My mother told me that my father had died when I was really young, she also told me that he was brave and smart as well as kind and he always got himself in trouble."

   " And where is your mother now?" Mister Damian asked me in a rough voice that made me flinch a little, but I still looked at him and answered the question.

   "She died when I was four. No one told me how but I found out a couple of years ago that she was murdered but I don't know who killed her." I looked at their faces and could see that they were all shocked, even mister Damian looked at me a little softer. I noticed the looks on all their faces like they understand what I'm going through but they really don't. What I'm going through is far worse then anyone knows.

   Before anything else could be said mister Wayne and mister Alfred came down the stairs. Mister Wayne came up to me and patted my shoulder and said

   "Welcome to the family Twilight, you can stay here for as long as you like."