Chapter 12: Bonding with mister Jason

Jason's POV:

It's early morning, around 5:50 am. I just came back from patrol, I had to do Dick's section too because he wanted to play nanny with Twilight. I mean don't get me wrong Twilight is a sweet girl it's just I don't know if I like the fact that she has Bruce and Dick wrapped around her finger.

She's even gotten Damian to warm up to her, which is a miracle in its self. Tim, on the other hand, is a little bit more cautious. He stays a reasonable distance away but he's close enough to notice the things she does.

I walk into the cave and see Bruce working on the computer, Tim and Damian must still be out on patrol. After a bit of cleaning up I head upstairs to try and get some sleep, keyword 'try'. On my way, I pass the movie room to see Dick and Twilight asleep on the floor.

Dick has his arm protectively around Twilight as she is snuggled up to his chest. The room was kinda cold and I noticed Twilight shiver so I picked her up and started taking her to her room, leaving dick to snuggle a pillow.

As I was walking to her room I took a good look at her face. She has really soft skin and her nose is so tiny, her face just radiates innocence. When I get to her room I open the door and take a look around.

The once plain room now has bags littering the floor, obviously stuff she got from shopping with Bruce and Dick, and there's a bunch of blankets on the bed. She must get cold easily. I put her down and went to leave when I felt Twilight's hand grab the edge of my shirt.

" Please don't go... so cold..." she whispered, half asleep. I sighed and got into bed slowly to make sure she doesn't fully wake up. As soon as I lay down I feel her move closer to me. She puts her head right on my chest and lets of a sigh of relief.

For some reason, a sense of peace washes over me and slowly I fall asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to a loud gasp. Opening my eyes I see Dick standing in the doorway, pure shock on his face. He then looked incredible furious.

" Jason, how dare you defile a pure, innocent little girl. How could you?" He whisper-shouts.

Why the fuck would he think that? I mean I'm 23 years old and she is 10. Only a sicko would do something like that. I look down when I feel Twilight stirring. She looks up at me and smiles sleepily, god she is adorable.

She lays her head on my chest again but waves at Dick before saying, " Good morning Richard, mister Jason."

When did she start calling him Richard and why am I mister Jason? I looked at Dick with confusion and he just smirked. He walked to us, grabbed Twilight and held her close before looking at me, still smirking. It didn't feel right watching him touch Twilight, but why the fuck am I so fucking mad? It's not like she belongs to me or shit but still, it pissed me off. What hurts more is that she grabbed onto him and started nuzzling into his neck.

God, when did I start caring about the little brat?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dick's POV:

When I woke up I couldn't find Twilight, which made me panic a lot. ' Okay, Dick, think where would Twilight go after she got up? Ah ha, her room!'

I ran down the hall and ended up in front of her door. I knocked but she didn't open it. Thinking she was asleep I opened the door quietly and was shocked by what I saw.

Jason had his right arm around Twilight protectively or more so in a possessive way and his left arm behind his head. I thought they looked cute together so I took a quick picture and then gasped loudly, knowing it would wake him up.

Jason's eyes opened and his right arm tightened around Twilight. ' So he's gotten attached to her? This will be fun.' He looked at me kinda pissed so I faked fury and asked him how he could ruin her innocence but he immediately looked down when Twilight started waking up.