Chapter 4: Morning in Wayne Manor

Twilight's POV:

   The first thing I notice when I wake up is the sun peeking through the silk curtains. With a yawn, I sat up looking at my surroundings, surprised to see I'm not in my room.

   Slowly the memories of yesterday flow back into my mind. I met my father yesterday; I cannot believe it!

   He doesn't seem real. None of this feels real. I feel like I will wake up, and I won't be with my father anymore. I'll just be Twilight, the girl with no parents. That thought scared me. I don't want to be alone anymore.

   A few minutes later, mister Alfred walks in but stops when he sees me. " Good morning, miss Twilight."

   " Good morning to you too, mister Alfred."

" How did you sleep? Well, I hope," he said, walking around and pulling out a pair of slippers for me.

    I don't want him to know about my nightmare; quick, Twilight says something. " Yes, I did, thank you for asking, Mister Alfred. And what about you, did you sleep well?" I asked, wanting to be nice

   " I slept just fine. Thank you for asking miss Twilight. " Mister Alfred replied politely. " Now, I would suggest getting ready so you could have breakfast with the rest of the family."

   I smile at his words ' Have breakfast with the rest of the family', I wonder what they think of me, maybe they don't like me, what if......'

   " Miss Twilight are you feeling alright?" I snap out of my thoughts and look up towards mister Alfred.

    " I'm fine mister Alfred I was just thinking about something. But never mind that, it's not important. Can you leave please so I can get dressed, I don't want to show up in my pajamas."

   He looked at me and smiled kindly. He then bid me a farewell and left.

   I took a quick shower and put on a white shirt with a black skirt and some comfy shoes, then I made my way to the kitchen.

   On my way, I noticed that the mansion was really big, but that may be because I'm very small. Halfway through walking around, I realize that I am lost, now I'm just walking around hoping to just run into a room that I am familiar with.

   After a couple of turns, I bumped into what I thought was a wall. I fell to the floor with a soft thump and a small squeak. I looked up to see mister Richard.

   He had a surprised look on his face but that was quickly replaced with a smile. Mister Richard helped me up and I apologized for bumping into him. He apologized too, for not looking where he was going.

   He seems to be very polite but for some reason, he treats me like a baby but I don't really mind, it just feels right. He starts up a conversation with me about how to make my way around the manor and his first night here too. So he's adopted, that's interesting. I wonder if the rest are adopted?

   We walk to the kitchen together and I sit on the chair that mister Richard pulls out for me.

   "So how was your first night at the Wayne manor Twilight? Did you sleep well?"  He asks me, concerned.

   For one second I froze. I don't want to tell him about my nightmare either. I tell him that it was fine and ask him about his night.

   " My night was good, thank you for asking, Twilight. You know you are just the cutest little thing. Your so quiet and well mannered, and just the sweetest little thing. And your eyes are just so pretty." He continues rambling on about how cute I am and my cheeks are probably as red as strawberries.