Chapter 5: A Journey through Gotham City

Twilight's POV;

I made it out of the manor without anyone noticing, which was surprisingly easy. After walking several miles into town I stopped and saw how different it looked here. There were people dressed in suits and some women weren't wearing full shirts, which I found weird but it must be a city thing.

I walked to the first person I saw and asked him where Wayne enterprises was and he pointed me in the right direction. When I got there I was kind of scared of going in.

The building seemed scary and it was so big but I wanted to see what fa... mister Bruce does at work. When I walked in I saw lots of people in suits with bags and cases. There were a lot of people talking which made my still sensitive ears hurt a bit but not as much as before.

I went to the lady at the front desk and asked her where mister Bruce's office was and she told me it was on the top floor.

She then went to ask me something else but was pulled into a conversation with someone else so I left, not wanting to waste time.

People were looking at me and some were whispering. I saw a security guard come my way and I started to walk faster. I got into an elevator filled with people in suits and they were confused as to why I was there but they didn't say anything.

When I got to the top floor everything was not as noisy as before, which was a blessing because the city is very loud. How can anyone live here without their ears hurting?

When I got to mister Bruce's office I realized it was locked but opening the door was quite easy.

I sat down at mister Bruce's desk but felt sad because I couldn't see over the desk very much and my feet didn't touch the floor. I noticed papers on his desk and picked them up.

"What are these? Oh, this is paperwork for some number things for mister Bruce's division in Germany. Why are the numbers and lines going down?"

When I realize why the numbers were going down I was mad. I need to tell mister Bruce about this, but where could he be?

As if on cue the office doors opened and I saw mister Bruce. I ran up to him and said really fast, "MisterBrucesomeonehasbeentakingmoneyfromthecompanyinGermany,youneedtodosomething!"

Mister Bruce was first confused then seemed mad then he was just a blank slate which kind of scared me. He switched from emotion to emotion so fast.

He turned around and said through all the people talking really loudly, which hurt my ears by the way, "Please I'll take care of this, we will talk about the numbers in the next board meeting but for now leave it to me." He then shut the door and turned around.

"Twilight, why are you here and how did you even get here?" He seemed upset but not so much, but it made me feel bad, I felt like I made him disappointed in me.

" I woke up this morning and went to go eat breakfast but I found out that you had already gone to work so I wanted to see where you worked. After I finished eating I went back to my room and put my shoes on and left the manor. It took me a while to find out how to get to the city but it wasn't hard to find Wayne enterprise. I asked a lot of people and somewhere just mean like this guy who's eyes were really red and he had this rat on his shoulder and he wasn't making any sense and this lady who had no shirt on and was talking to a bunch of men and this guy who kept touching me but anyway when I found out where the building was it wasn't hard getting here." When I finished I was crying a little because mister Bruce's face was still upset.

After a couple of silent seconds, he bent down and patted my head. " Look I am upset that you left the manor on your own, I mean the city is too dangerous for you to be exploring on your own. And if you wanted to know what I did then you could have asked Alfred to bring you here."

When he was done I looked at him with tears still in my eyes, grandfather has been upset with me before but it felt different when mister Bruce was upset, I couldn't take it. I hug his leg and said I was sorry and that wouldn't leave the manor without permission again. He knelt down and hugged me for a few seconds before something started ringing which startled me. Mister Bruce chuckled and let me go to pick up the phone.

I heard a very frantic voice scream " Bruce she's not here, we don't know where she is, I called Jason, he is on his way to help look for her." I recognize the voice, it was mister Richard.

I just felt even worse because I made them panic while mister Bruce just laughed.

He then told the rest of them what happened and mister Alfred seemed relieved that I was safe, mister Richard was crying about how he thought he lost me, mister Tim was calm but his voice was shaky, mister Jason was mad that he had come all that way just to find me when I was actually safe and he started using some more words that I didn't understand but figured out that they were not good words because mister Bruce started scolding him on his language, and mister Damian was saying how reckless I was to just leave without telling anyone.

"Last time I checked you did the exact same thing she did Damian so don't start anything." Mister Bruce said which made mister Damian tut and mister Tim laugh.

Mister Bruce told mister Alfred to get the car ready to take me home, he said he had to stay to clear up what happened today with the board which confused me.

"Why do you need to tell a board what happened today, it's not like it will understand after all it is an inanimate object," I told him.

This made Mister Bruce laugh. " A board is a group of people constituted as the decision-making body of an organization. Which means they are going to wonder why a kid was in my office telling me that we are losing money from our division in Germany."

I guess that makes sense. After an hour mister Bruce brought me down and helped me get into the car that mister Alfred was driving. I gave mister Bruce a goodbye hug and wished him good luck on telling the board what happened today.

On the way back to the manor I apologized to mister Alfred who told me that it was alright but that I should have asked him to drive me to mister Bruce's workplace.

When we got back and went inside, I was tackled to the ground by mister Richard who was happy that I was safe. Mister Jason, mister Tim and mister Damian were quiet.

When I got up I just stared at the ground while saying " I'm sorry for leaving without telling anyone and for making you all panic. I am so sorry." By the time I finished, I was crying again.

"You think we were worried about you, tt, I can't speak for the rest of them but I for one didn't care if you got lost in the streets today." Mister Damian said which surprised everyone in the room.

"Master Damian, apologize to miss Twilight, that was very rude." Mister Alfred told him and mister Damian started saying something back but all I picked up on were the words useless, mistake, accident, weak and nothing but trouble. Mister Ricard was yelling at mister Damian and mister Jason joined the argument.

Mister Tim was trying to calm everyone down along with mister Alfred but I didn't stay in there for long. I ran out and tried to find my room.

He was right, I have been weak, the first day I was here my ears started bleeding because they were'too loud', who bleeds when something is too loud. After running for a while I found myself in a garden. It was so peaceful and quiet that I sat down and started crying. I thought back to what just happened and what happened yesterday and realized that I have been nothing but a problem. Slowly my eyes started closing and soon I was fast asleep.