Late

Baby groaned. She woke to the sound of her phone ringing obnoxiously. She groggily grabbed it off her nightstand and answered it without bothering to check the caller ID.

“Hello?”

She was greeted by a familiar obnoxious voice. “Yo Pigtails! Where the dick are you?” Baby moved her phone away from her face slightly at the sound of Lolbit yelling into the receiver. “What?” There was an audible groan from Lolbit. “Bruh, its Tuesday. And you and your dork brother are super fucking late. We’re all in first period already. Get your asses down here.”

“Awww fuck. How far into first hour are you guys?”

“About ten minutes.” Ballora responded.

“Wait, Bal? Did Lolbit put me on fucking speaker?”

Foxy spoke up this time. “Yeah, but Mr. Fitzgerald left class to take a whiz so it's fine.”

“Alright, shit. How long do you reckon it is until he gets back?”

“Knowing Mr. Fitzgerald? You’ve probably got a good fifteen minutes my dude.”

Baby stood up. “Alright. I’ll be there. See you in a few.” She hung up the phone. The clock was ticking. She ran to her brother’s room, throwing open his door and finding him still asleep. She picked one of his pillows up off the floor and slapped him across the face with it. “Ow! What the heck sis?!” Baby smacked Ennard with the pillow again. “Boy, you need to get up! We are SUPER late for school!” Ennard took a glance at his clock. “Aw crud, you’re right!”

“I know! Now get ready!”

The two got ready as fast as humanly possible and got out the door in record time. They both hopped into Ennard’s old ass truck and drove faster than what was actually legal, even though Baby kept telling to Ennard to pay attention to the speed limit. By the time they pulled into the school parking lot he had only hit two signs and a bush. They hopped out of the truck and split ways to head to their respective classes.

Baby was about to go through the front doors like a normal person would, but then she noticed that the security guards were by the doors, and she then decided she would not be going through the front doors. Mostly because she didn’t want to receive a detention from them. She decided to check the back doors. But unfortunately, for the first time in ages, some thoughtless dickwad didn’t leave one of the doors propped open. Figures

After muttering a number of colorful words under her breath, Baby took the most logical course of action. She started to scale the wall of the school, using the window ledges and some piping to keep herself from breaking her neck. This task may have seemed difficult to some, but Baby had scaled multiple walls before to get herself of dumb situations she had gotten herself into.

She located Mr. Fitzgerald’s room and climbed in through the window. A bunch of her classmates noticed and started laughing, but she didn’t really give a shit. After all, it wasn’t the first time she had climbed through school windows.

As soon as she made her way into the classroom Mr. Fitzgerald decided to waltz back in with his fly down. Baby immediately dropped to the floor and started to army crawling towards her desk. People continued to laugh at the display, but as per usual, Mr. Fitzgerald was too dense to notice. She managed to successfully take a seat next to her Ballora.

“Wow, nice job taking the hard way to get here Shortstop.” Lolbit grinned, sitting on Baby’s desk partially to annoy her and partially because she was too fucking lazy to grab a chair.

“Thanks, I figured scaling a wall with the possibility of breaking my bones was better than detention.” Baby said while shoving Lolbit off of her desk. “What did I miss?”

Foxy moved a chair over for their sister, who had just fallen to the floor laughing.“We’re doing some group work, just like we always do in this class.”

“By ‘doing some group work’ do you actually mean ‘doing fucking nothing’?”

“Obviously, dude.”

“Why were you so late this morning?”

“I dunno Bal. I guess my alarm clock wanted to be a little bitch because it didn’t go off.”

“Wow, dude. The nerve of that damn alarm clock is unbelievable.” Lolbit said, putting the most unrealistic overdramatic voice she could.

“I kno rite? I’m hyper offended right now, and I’m going to have a stern talking to with it when I get back home.” Baby said with an equally unrealistic overdramatic voice. “But moving on from that act of betrayal, did anything interesting happen so far?”

Foxy raised an eyebrow. “You mean besides you entering the classroom through a second story window?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, uhhhhh… oh! I know! We went to the school store this morning.”

“Wow, that IS super interesting Lolbit.” Baby said, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

Lolbit pulled something out of her pocket. “I know! Check out this overpriced eraser I got while I was there!”

Baby took one glance at the eraser before frowning.

“Don’t say it.”

“It's shaped like a tentacle. You know what that reminds me of?”

“Don’t say it.”

“Hent-”

Baby smacked the tentacle out of Lolbit’s hand. “No!”

“Not a fan, dude?”

“Not really. Anything else happen?”

“They announced the winter formal is next Friday.” Foxy said.

“Oh, gross. I fucking hate school formals.”

“I actually quite like them.” Ballora commented.

“Did I say I fucking hate school formals? I meant to say that I fucking love them! The music they play totally isn’t complete shit, and the drinks totally don’t taste like someone pissed in them!”

Ballora laughed and kissed her girlfriend. “Well if you really feel that way, maybe we could go together?”

“Maybe.”