12 - Caden

"I'm going to kill her." It was quiet, but I could hear the statement in her voice as Grace made her way through the palace halls, her rage simmering just below her skin at the scene I had witnessed earlier. I knew Audry was more snake then wolf with the way she acted but to go as low as to frame my mate for an attack she didn't do had even my blood boiling to the point I wanted to taste blood. But she was Grace's to discipline and I had to respect that.

"Grace would you like to go for a run?" My question was void of any emotion for I felt like if I released any the rage would come first.

"No." A short reply came to my ears as she picked up her pace, the stairs coming into view as she rushed up them quickly. Puzzled I followed my Lady Silver, my rage forgotten as worry seeped in.

"What do you want to do then?" I ask with curiosity as we ascend floor after floor with no answer from her until we reached the highest floor, our floor, and she rushes to the tower that would take us to the roof.

The air was chilled this high above the earth but that didn't deter my mate as she hurried towards the only thing on top the roof she had asked to build. A green house that spanned the size of a small mansion.

I watched as she opened the door and instantly relaxed with the scent of wild exotic plants mixed with wild flowers, berries and trees. The whole place had taken three months to build and had its own river and waterfall flowing through it.

I knew nature had been her go to to relax but flowers were her true relaxer as she wandered deeper and deeper into it, her deep breaths having me smile with relief as I let myself become relaxed as well. I couldn't believe how low Audry had sunk in trying to blame her future Queen for an attack that was staged. If I hadn't had been with Grace and she had been alone they would have believe Audry.

"I don't want to leave your side till the corination and if I have to I want Karina beside me at all times." Her voice was faint in the still room as she stared at the flowing water, petals from the various flowers floating a top the crystal water. She looked so small and vulnerable with her body leaning against the cherry blossom tree as her support.

"I don't want to loose you because of her and because I let my temper out with how she acts." She continues, her eyes turning to look at me with a longing I couldn't place deep inside her orbs. My feet carry me to her side as I pull her into my embrace, her body melding against mine, a deep heavy sigh escaping her lips.

"You won't loose me because of her. I love you and I know you're strong my love." My words were soft as I held her tight to my being, her arms circling my waist as she snuggled into me.

"Promise?" She sounded so lost all because of that pack whöre and her antics.

"I promise Grace."