26 - Caden

I smile down at Grace as she slowly falls asleep in my arms, her body drained from the cerimony and the fight. With a sigh I drain the red water and rinse my beautiful pregnant mate off before placing her on the floor on top of the soft fluffy towels and rinse myself off. With a loving smile directed at Grace I refill the water and lift my mate back into the bath, her body snuggling closer into me while the warm water soaks away our tension.

I was going to be a dad. Grace was having my pup.

My hand slips onto her stomach. A pup created with pure love was deep inside her.

We would need to design a room for the pup. Something that was fit for my little prince or princess. Maybe lots of clouds and forest painted on the walls. But what if it was twins.

It was rare for a wolf to carry twins considering werewolves had a hard time with conceiving one pup with out their heat. But Grace was here with our pup and Maddie was on the way with equipment to check and see if the fight hadn't hurt the little one.

"Caden?" A voice calls right on time from the bed room. I told Maddie to just walk on in and call out for me when ever she was ready and as quickly as I could I drained the tub and layed Grace on a large towel before wrapping one around my waist and picking my sleeping beauty up into my arms.

[Go into the lounge I have to wake Grace up so we can get dressed.]

[Yes Alpha.] Maddie replies back, understanding in her voice. She must have known that all this time Grace was tired because she was pregnant and had helped my mate through it because Grace had wanted to surprise me. I was happy that the best doctor in our pack was also loyal to my mate as a friend. It meant a lot to me knowing Grace could go out with her and I wouldn't have to worry. Carefully I lay Grace on the bed as I realize that between the time I was lost in thought my feet had carried me to where the smell of my mate lingered the most. It was perfect.

All my life I was left without a home and without a family because of my father and cousin. I was the odd one. The one with to many hopes and dreams. But here Grace was providing me the family I wanted and would love. I wouldnt have to worry about being belittled or beaten by anyone again because she was my strength and the pup was my reason to fight.

My lips were in a soft smile as my hand gently caressed her cheeks, a chuckle escaping my lips as Grace snuddles closer to my hand with what sounded like a cross between mewl and a sigh. She was so tired and I didn't want to wake her up but I knew I had to. With a sigh I bend down, my lips grazing her ear as I nip it gently.

"Baby, wake up." I coo, trailing kisses down her jaw as she stirs, ending with a kiss on her lips. What started as a simple kiss turned passionate as arms snake around my neck, pulling me forward and closser to her body. A tongue flicks across the seem of my lips and I allow access to Grace as my own tongue dances and mixes with hers.

"Well that was a nice way to wake up." She mumbles, nuzzling my neck where the mark she placed was.

"Yes love. Now Maddie is here to check out our beautiful baby inside you." My voice was soft since Grace looked so tired. I could feel her energy shift to excitement as she pushes me off of her and onto the bed, her eyes lighting up. I let out a chuckle as she bolts off the bed and run into the closet before I feel a bundle being thrown at me.

"Get dressed." She orders, her face seriouse as she waits for my to be fully clothed until pulling me out to the sitting area we had.

"Hey Grace." Maddie greets before motioning to the couch.

"Please lay there while we get the ultrasound going." The excitement was building from the wait until the machine was fully running and the jell was squirted onto Grace's abdomen. Her hand reaches for mine and I clutch it, our eyes meeting breifly for a second before we turn to the screen.

There was a soft heart beat and then the screan showed a small ball. Inside it I could see our child.

"You're about eight weeks." I couldn't believe how far she was, my eyes lighting up and tears forming. In that moment I vowed to protect this little one.