28 - Caden

"So let me get this straight, you heard a voice when you were giving your speach last night at the ball." I asked Grace as we cuddled in bed, my hand drawing lazy circles on her stomach. It was weird to think my mate might be going crazy but it could also be the pregnancy hormones too.

But there was the fact she was Moon Blessed.

"Yeah and the voice sounded familiar, like I have heard it before." She answers, turning her face into my chest and taking a deep breath. I trusted Grace when it came to her intuition and she had told me sokething big would happen when we started this conversation. She just didn't know when or where and I couldn't help but think that because she was moon blessed it had everything to do with my nation.

"Well it sounds like this voice did not seem threatening so lets just think positive." I reassure my mate, kissing the top of her head and pulling her closer to me. I was goad for moments like this were it was just Grace and I. Nothing to distract us as I pamper her for a few hours ir hold her in my arms. It was the best way to wake up.

"I know. This voice though, it sounded like she had planned a different way for wolves to live. I think she might have been the Moon Goddess." Grace sighed out heavily at the end, her hand rubbing up and down my arm. This was getting to her and I knew she didn't need the stress.

"Baby why dont you take the day off. Rest, explore the palace and just enjoy the day. I can take care of the paperwork with Zander today." I knew she hated the idea of taking a day off but she needed it. She was pregnant, dealt with Audry in a fight and had had so much put on her since coming here that I just wanted her to get some rest before taking up more work as Queen.

"Caden I am fine to help." She starts, turning her face to look up at me.

"I knkw Grace but you've had a lot to go through these few days. I just want you to relax for today. If it helps, you can even talk to some pack members, see what they like here and if they have anything they want done mame a note and we could go through it later." A sigh escapes her lips and lands on my neck, causing a pleasurable shiver to run through my body. I couldn't have been any luckier with Grace as my hand runs through her long silver hair before I roll us over, her body under mine as I press our lips together in a slow kiss. I could feel her melt into the bed, a soft moan escaping her lips before we pull away.

"Fine I'll rest today." She concedes, her arms looped around my neck loosely as she smiles up at me.

"But anything that has to do with The Gathering is left till tomorrow so we can work on it together." And here was her bargain. My eyes drink in her face for a split seccond before I nodd, kissing her one last time before pulling away and getting out of bed only to tuck my mate back in.

"Deal, now get some sleep. Link me if you need anything love." I get a sleepy nodd and a yawn from her before I kiss her forehead and get ready for the day, choosing a pair of jeans and dress shirt with a pair of sneakers before heading to my office, making sure the bedroom was dark enough so Grace would be able to sleep for a few more hours before I left.

"Sup boss." Zander greets as I make my way to my office, my friend handing me a cup of coffee.

"Nothing really. I just want to get through the mountain of paperwork today." The castle was bussling with maids cleaning and taking down decorations from last night. I watched a few of my pack warriors help bring heavier boxes to the storage area while they chatted away with the shewolves.

It amazed me at how light and happier everyone was still. They had no drama to deal with, no fear of being punished from my father and they could be themselves finally. It was something Grace and I were proud of.

With quick steps the two of us turn into my office door and settle in for a day of paper work at the large desk.