25 - Grace

"Shift Audry I'm not done with you." My voice was loud and comanding, power I was not used to leaking into each word.

"Please don't do this." Some one wails and my eyes scan the crowd to find the blonde wolf's parents. But this had to be done because I knew her show of submission was not over. Audry would do this when I was even more vulnerable.

"I. Said. Shift." My patience was wearing thin while I glared at Audry, a slight growl of resistance sounding from her muzzle. One I silenced with a kick to her broken paw.

With a loud painful whimper the she wolf obliged to my comand and a very naked and bloody woman sat in her place.

"Fuck you Grace." She shouts out, ending with her in a bloody caughing fit.

"I see I was right. You will never submit to me now will you?" It was a rhetorical question but with the hate in her eyes I knew her answer would be never. The grip on my shoulders from Caden's hold tightens and rage seeps into the air. But this was my fight and he stayed respectfully silent for me.

"One day this throne and Caden will be mine. So go ahead, beat me to a pulp but I saw the way you protected your stomach. You're pregnant and I swear I will kill you and that bastard pup of yours." Audry cackles out, wiping the blood from her mouth.

My rage went from a simmer to a boil as my body shook. How dare she threaten my unborn pup. The heir to this throne. It was an innocent and I would do everything to protect it

With a steady breath I close my eyes and allow the tension in the room to build before I placed the burning gaze of my sapphire orbs on the blonde below me.

"Its a sad thing you wont live to make this come true." I state with venom as my hand moves fast, lodging deep into Audry's chest where I was surprised to fine a beeting heart. One that I clapsed inside my palm and slowly squeezed.

"Nooo not my pup!" Her mother wails further, the sounds of a struggle being heard in her direction. But I kept my eyes trained on Aurdry's as she gasps and gurgles, blood seeping past her lips. The fear in her eyes were clear and so was the realization that she fucked up. But it was too late and the light slowly dimmed until she went limp and fell to the floor like a broken doll, her squished heart still in my hand and I throw it to the ground.

"Anyone who threatens my pack, my pup, my mate and my nation will be condemed to death. I will not tollerate any she wolf being disrespected and I will not tolerate any acts to 'subdue' a female who seems to powerful." My voice booms into the crowd, eyes landing on the Alpha I had clawed as his fearful gaze met mine.

"I am your Queen and Alpha as well and demand the same respect or I will put you in your place. Is that clear?" A choros of yes Alpha is heard after that and relief fills me. I was tired and in need of a long bath and nap before the party. I just wanted peace for a little while.

"The party will begin in two hours. For those who wish to relax after the events so far may return to their rooms and cabins. If you'll excuse us I would like to take Queen Grace to our rooms so she can relax and the doctor can check on our pup." Caden continues as he scoops me into his arms , my body sagging against him as my head snuggles against his neck.

[When were you going to tell me?] His voice asks sadly into the link.

[Tomorrow morning. I had a plan to tell you about our baby but it seems someone already told you.] I felt guilty I had worried him but with all the stress that had been going on I wanted to wait. But I was haply he knew now and that meant we could start planning.

[Well at least I haven't missed much. Lets get cleaned up love.] He adds, feeling my body being placed into a tub of warm water. I hadn't realized we had moved until now, finding myself in our bathroom with my mate cradeling me against him. With a yawn I feel Caden slowly start cleaning my skin before I close my eyes. I had two hours to nap and I was exhausted.