Chapter Twenty One

A/N: This one's for sentimaxo for always being the first to read and comment. In honor of 10k reads.

"Merry Christmas, again." A voice said, as I slowly opened my eyes.

The first thing I saw was the face of my boyfriend hovering over me. He'd probably been the one to wake me up.

"What's the time?" I asked, yawning, not bothering to respond to him.

"It's almost 10:30. I didn't want to wake you, but I have to get going soon."

"Oh, okay." I said, still slightly disoriented as I sat up in bed. "Let me just get your present." I yawned again, standing up to go to the study table, where the little package was stashed in a drawer. Just as I did, Julio picked up his backpack from its usual place on my chair, and pulled out a small, badly-wrapped package with Santa Claus wrapping paper. 

"Again, it's not much." I said, handing his to him. "Merry Christmas, babe."

"I'm sure it's great, princess." He said, giving me mine. "I hope you like it." He was being so heartfelt and sweet that I almost melted.

He ripped open the wrapping and pulled out the small, brown leather cuff that just screamed 'badass'.

"Thank you, Tay." He said, using my name for the first time in, like, forever. He grinned widely, putting it on immediately afterwards, making me smile.

I struggled with the wrapping on my present for a bit before deciding to just rip it off instead of being all careful.

My jaw dropped the moment I saw what it was. "Oh. My. God." I said, shocked as I held it. Snapping out of it, I threw my arms around his neck and kissed him repeatedly on the cheek.

"Thankyouthankyouthankyou!" I exclaimed, all of my words just mixing together.

"Where did you get this?" I asked, in awe, as I ran my hands over the binding and cover of the first edition Pride and Prejudice novel he'd gotten me, published all the way back in 1813.

"It was in a used bookstore. I thought you'd appreciate something with a bit of history, so I was just looking around when I found it. I take it you like it, then?"

"I fucking love it, Rage." I said with conviction, looking at him warmly. I pulled him into another tight hug, without really wanting to let go. Finally, though, I had to.

"Hey, I'm really sorry, but I have to go now, princess. Javi's kind of expecting me right now. I'll see you tonight, okay?" He said, and I pouted, unwilling to see him go.

"Fine." I agreed reluctantly, dragging out the word.

"Great." He leaned in for a kiss, but I dodged just in time.

"Morning breath." I explained, ducking as he reached for me again.

"Fine." He said, mockingly in the same tone as I'd said it before, and I stuck my tongue out at him teasingly.

He grabbed his backpack and, just before he left, he swooped in quickly and pecked me on the lips, pulling back immediately. He winked at me before heading for the balcony. He would probably be seen by a maid, but I didn't really care because he'd left me smiling like an idiot long after he'd gone. 

*
"So, was I hearing things when you were squealing your ass off this morning or was your boyfriend in your room?" Chase said by way of greeting as he poked his head into my room, not even bothering to knock before opening the door.

I paled, looking up at him in shock. He'd heard that?

I quickly made up a lie that was believable, knowing Chase would be beyond pissed if he found out that Julio and I had been sleeping together in the most literal and most innocent sense of the word for the past few days.