Confusion

A tear spotted the letter when Noah read that sentence. He felt touched because he could feel all the love his mother felt for that man. He then felt like someone stared at him, it was the nurse. He felt as if he could hit her for all the time she had took to come talk to him but remained calm and asked about his mother. The nurse searched for the paper with Olivia's information, looked confused and asked again his name and relationship with Benson, only to tell him afterword's: "Your mother cannot be visited yet, she is in treatment and we have strict orders not to tell you what it is until you know it yourself, she says that she wrote it on a letter of some kind. Are you sure her mental health is fine?"

At that point, all Noah desired was for the woman to be fired. She then asked if he and his girlfriend didn't want to disappear and stop taking the couch and, in between of trying to say he and Anna weren't dating and insulting the woman, Noah was losing his mind. Luckily, a hand in his back came to the rescue. Anna sent the woman away and tried to calm Noah, sending him to get dinner and take a shower. He held her hand and looked at her eyes, her beautiful brown eyes, and said she didn't need to be there with him if she didn't want to. He told her to go home, that he would be ok, but she laughed him of. "Noah, I have known you for so long, I would never leave you alone here. I know how much you hate this. We'll manage to handle it for as long as it takes. Now, you go home and shower. Don't forget to bring dinner and your computer, professor Gérard just sent this huge essay. And leave me the letter. I want to read." And so he did. While he was gone, she opened the letter and allowed herself to dive in that love that transcended the ages and that she could feel throughout that piece of paper. She was so deep into the story that got scared when Noah called her and fell down the chair. They ate sushi and then they worked through the night. Noah was writing the essay with the computer on Anna's legs and Anna was sitting against the back of the couch, her legs on his lap and a Penal Law book on her hands, while she was taking notes on a notebook. They were a team. In the morning the computer was under the couch, the notebook and the pen in the floor, and two college kids a sleep in a very small couch, tangled in each other. The light woke them up and the routines that had started to show, began their day. Anna picked up the breakfast, Noah went to the bathroom to wash his face, they ate, she went to school and he walked around, trying to stretch his legs from being in a couch all day. All of that done, he jumped back to the letter. He needed to know what was going on.

"We were living the dream, even if we argued sometimes we were so happy. There are some memories that I want you to know about. I would like to call this segment of the letter: love. Waking up every morning was a pleasure because I got to see him, to be with him. Life was way to valuable to even sleep, being awake showed how good it was being alive, because we were together. Food tasted better, the sunset was more breathtaking, books were more fantastic, feelings were edgier. Because that is what love does to you, it changes your whole life. I felt as if I had met all the wrong guys and now it was my time. Yeah, I felt a little old to be in love like a teenager but I didn't care, love feels so good. My veins could feel it. I know it sounds rubbish but it is the reality. Together there was nothing we couldn't handle. I know that now but, back in the day I forgot it, and that is my greatest regret. Please, always trust your partner, with anything, you can make it work. Well, back to the story: In June, Elliot took us to Lisbon remember? It was the best time of my life. We walked around a beautiful city, passionate, as a real family. We saw the views, took photos, ate amazing fish and food in general, and enjoyed what would be our last international vacations together. That was also around the time I started to feel tired and a little sick, but I didn't care much about it. Oh, how do I wish I had. When we got back I went back to work and you know how much I loved my job. I had just been promoted to Captain. Life was great until October. That was when all started to go down. I was feeling sick and passed out during a dinner party. When I was rushed to the hospital the doctor gave me the best news I had got since I knew I could adopt you. I was pregnant. They warned me it was high risky and that all I could do was rest and stop working but you know me, I would never. So, I didn't tell anyone about it and went to work anyway. December was the final month of my happiness because in the beginning of January my whole world fell apart. In Christmas, Elliot got me that silver necklace I wear every day, David never even noticed I had it. I never took it of and when I die, I want to be buried with it. Well, the year ended with prospects for 2020 to be an even better year. I would be a mother for the second time, the mother of a little girl, with the love of my life and I couldn't be happier. And the new year began".

-