CHAPTER TWO

Cheri took an afternoon promenade through the park to try to get away from the entire trauma and her predicament and to clear out her mind. It was getting close to winter and she could sense the chilling the air. She sat down for a while to feed the ducks on the pond and to try to contemplate about all the pleasing and wonderful things around her. After a while, she returned home to find Finch in front of the door looking at her as if to ask, "Where have you been?"

"Hello Finch." She picked the cat up. "Oh I missed you so much." She gave her a pouch of Whiskas to eat and went to lie down on her bed. Where Brendan used to sleep was an vacant space. Just as void as her heart was. She wept and mourned her bereavement for it was so much more than she could withstand.

Four Weeks Later

Cheri woke up to her alarm clock buzzing and had some breakfast before taking on another exhausting 36-hour stint at the hospital. Before anything else besides to greeting Jolene at reception, she rushed to go and see Gareth, her patient. "Good morning Gareth, how are you doing today?"

"Morning Dr. Wilson." He shook his head remorsefully. "My girlfriend ditched me last night. So I guess I'm flying solo again."

"After all that you went through?" He nodded confessingly. "Yeap."

"I'm sorry. Else, how are you feeling?"

"Uncomfortable..." he said with anagonizingexpression on his face.

"What exactly happened that night you got hijacked?" Cheri seated herself on his bed.

"Well, I got hijacked which I never expected to do in the first place. They made an effort to get into my double cab so I endeavored to stop them, they jumped out, the one pinned me to the ground, and the other one attacked me. They didn't have something to tie me up with so I guess that was their way of trying to obstruct me from holding them back."

"The bastards." He gave a slight smirk and prompted Cheri's heart to skip a beat. He was robust in build but still kind on the eye. His features were finely contoured, eye-catching and youthful. His eyes were deep ebony brown and his nose finely contoured. His facial appearance were elegantly framed and improved by his raven black fairy haircut and his eyes played hide and seek behind his black strands. "Fortunately you'll be home in no time if you are lucky."

"Well, I don't have a home at the moment. I was staying with my ex while I was busy building my house in Sunninghill and it's still not finished."

"So you live in Sunninghill. I've got a home there myself. So by the way, if you don't mind you're welcome to stay at my place until yours is finished. And you can call me Cheri."

"Cheri...Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am positively sure."

"Well, then I wouldn't say no."

Cheri left him to attend to other commanding issues. EmmaJones was the nurse on the first floor where Gareth laid. "MissJones."

"Yes Dr. Wilson?"

"Mr. Morley in room 101 can be discharged tomorrow."

"That one...are you sure?"

"Yes, that one."

"Okay, if you think so."

Cheri took Gareth to his ex-girlfriend's homein Woodmead to pick up his clothes. After that, they went to her place in Sunninghill.

"Impressive little place you have here Dr. Wilson."

Cheri turned off her BMW's engine and turned to Gareth. "If you ever call me Dr.Wilson again you're dead." She gave a grin and he smiled at her.