CHAPTER THREE

Gareth already had a pizza ordered and delivered by the time Cheri arrived at home. "Hi Cheri, gorgeous."

"Mmh...Hello Gareth. You got us some pizza. How wonderful of you."

Well, I thought of treating my favorite intern in Johannesburg."

"Your favorite?"

"Yes..." His brown eyes laughed and sparkled like the stars.

"I feel flattered." She put a slice of pizza on a plate, filled a glass with red wine, and sat down on the floor beside Gareth.

He looked at her and smiled. "Tell me, what do you look for in a guy?"

"Well, I'm not fussy about men, but my type of guy evidently has to be clever and he has to be a gentleman and treat me like a lady. Nice looks would only be a bonus."

"Mmh, clever and amusing just like you."

"Like me?" 

"Yes..." He leaned forward and kissed her. His kisses were affectionate, gentle, and soft. He cupped his hand on her shoulder just as James used to and the other just at her neck.

"Gareth..."

"I love you Cheri."

"And I love you..." She glided her hand across his chest. He obviously worked out or something. She remembered that he was still stitched up and probably still with sore muscles. "I'm sorry...I totally forgot."

"It's okay...But it sucks. When will we do away with the stitches?"

"Next week."

"Will you do them for me Dr. Cheri?"

She felt a bit uncomfortable after he recommended she unstitch him after such a huge operation. "Uhm..." She hesitated.

He started snickering. "What's wrong Cheri? Come on, don't tell me you're an intern and you've never removed stitches."

"Usually I leave that for the professionals."

"So by the way, how long do you think I'll have before we'll be able to start exercising?" She started thinking again.

Cheri felt saddened. Jolene gave her a cup of tea and let her sit down. "Dr.Wilson. You look really miserable."

"Jolene, I'm completely crazy in love with Gareth. But there is someone else for now and I'm not sure if I'm over Brendan yet."

"Well, at least only for now."

Cheri shook her head. "The problem is, I fell in love with Dr.Tyler before Gareth came along and now I'm stuck between the two. And at least Tyler isn't the one with the entire assault disturbance and all. I don't know if he'll be able to handle it in the future."

Jolene shook her head. "Cheri, you're stupid for a doctor. Yes, I admit, Dr.Tyler is the ultimate doctor McDreamy and all of that but Gareth is way ahead of him in every department. If you don't want him, I'll take him. What does he do for a living anyway?"

"He's a medical doctor, a year or so ahead of me."

"My God, Cheri! Take him before someone else does."

James Tyler gave Cheri a pat on the back. "How's my favorite doctor doing?"

"Dr. Tyler?" She stood up.

"Cheri?" She looked down. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah."

They walked off side by side down the hallway. "You don't look so fine, are you sure?"