CHAPTER FIVE

Cheri blew Gareth a kiss as he approached her table. He greeted her with a peck on the lips. "Hello darling."

"Hello sweetheart." He sat down across her.

"So anything new Dr. Morley?"

"Dr. Clarke threatened to revoke Dr.Slater's medical license today."

Cheri gave an unconvinced frown. "Why?"

"He harassed an under aged patient of his."

"Oh..." She was puzzled. "Goodness me I'm so hungry right now I could eat a cow. Would you like anything?"

"Just some toast please."

He stood up. "I'm gonna get myself a hamburger. I'm starving."

Jolene also joined Cheri at her table. "Hello Dr.Wilson."

"Hi, Jolene."

"Do you mind if I join you?"

Cheri smiled. "No not at all. Feel free."

"I've heard Dr. Clarke suspended Dr.Slater today. I wonder what happened."

"Apparently he harassed a patient and the whole thing came out."

"No..."

"Yeah..."

Gareth returned with their food. "Oh, hi Jolene."

"Hello Dr. Morley."

He sat down at the table. "Did you also want something to eat?"

"I was just about to go and get myself something, thank you."

Cheri stole some fries from Gareth's plate. "Mmh fries. I know they're fattening, but I just love them."

Gareth laughed at her. "So you steal mine."

After lunch,Cheri accompanied Gareth to his consulting room and closed the door behind them. "Well that hamburger went down well." He stood in front of her and looked on his watch. "And we still have fifteen minutes of lunch left. There are so many ways on which to pass fifteen minutes."

She gave him an I-wanna-be-mischievous look. "Well I can think of one."

He smiled. "Aha?"

"So I was wondering..."

"About what?" He pulled her close and kissed her. He chuckled and kissed her in a loving embrace. "Cheri..." His breath was warm in her neck and gave her goose flesh.

"Gareth."

"I love you Cheri."

"I love you too..." He held her close. "Soon, you'll be Mrs.Morley. Just think."

"Oh Gareth..." She gave him a goodbye kiss.

"See you later. Be good." He gave a thoughtful smile as she left. His receptionist looked at him with a cautious smile.

"Any messages?"

"No Dr. Morley. Nothing at this moment." She started to blush and left him curious.

"What's the matter?"

"No, it's nothing."

"You know about something, don't you?"

"Well, honestly, Dr. Morley. These doors aren't exactly sound proof."

Gareth gave a blush himself. "You heard Cheri and I get a little personal?"